Barcelona Airport Taxis for 4

Perhaps I'm overplanning but from the looks of the taxi cabs I'm not sure how we (family of 4) are going to fit into one of those cabs with our luggage. It's not the money, I just don't want to have to split up in a strange city. Are there larger cabs around the airport or can you pre-order a larger cab? If so from who? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

When we took a taxi in Oct. from the airport there were some van taxi's available. The person in charge of the taxi line would just wave one over when he saw that it was a group larger than two. Very easy. We had hooked up with a couple on our ship who had their luggage get lost, and they got a larger taxi for us. I don't know about private transfers, I am sure that someone else will help you with that.

Julie

At the port they also have the van taxis. The process of getting a taxi once you are getting off is really well organized here. There is a line that is covered so no standing in the sun or rain.....when you get to the front of the line there is a nice port guy who asks you how many people and looks at your luggage.....he then picks a taxi for you...... zip zap and you're off :D Actually one of the most organized places I have been for getting off the ship and getting out of the port area.

Ask the despatcher for a SEAT ALHAMBRA:

2009NVOTS10106-vi.jpg

If you pre-book you pay more for a van.

There are enough at the airport. Might be only interesting for the return from the port if you have an early flight and cannot afford to wait and queue.

Regards,

HeinBloed

2009NVOTS10106-vi.jpg

There are enough at the airport. Might be only interesting for the return from the port if you have an early flight and cannot afford to wait and queue.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Do you think that these taxi vans would hold a family of 6? Plus large suitcases?

Do you think that these taxi vans would hold a family of 6? Plus large suitcases?

We tried it... it had six seats but no space anymore for baggage. They wanted to put it on the roof.

But we prefered to have two taxis instead lost baggage on the way to the ship.

For a private Ho-Ho-Sightseeing-tour it would be o.k. but not with luggage.

Better take two.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Came back from our cruise a couple of weeks ago and at Barcelona airport there were NO taxis that took more than four passengers. There was a huge long line of taxis but we never saw one that was for more than four. We had to split up as we are a family of five - OH took my 14 yr old daughter and I went with my teenage sons. It was fine but when we left our hotel for the cruise ship they booked us a people carrier taxi which was way better. I don't know why they weren't at the airport as when we left the cruise ship we got a people carrier again (although we had to wait a bit longer than those wanting a smaller cab). Not saying they won't be at the airport but just be aware they may not be as they certainly weren't for us. OH speaks Spanish and we were told there weren't any :confused:

..your wealth of information and photos you share is just unbelievable! You are amazing! Thanks for all your help!

2009NVOTS10106-vi.jpg

Regards,

HeinBloed

..your wealth of information and photos you share is just unbelievable! You are amazing! Thanks for all your help!

Agreed, thanks everyone for your advice. Looks like we should be okay and shouldn't need to book anything in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello tocruiseguy. I am Narfer, I don’t usually take taxis, but I put you a pair of addresses for if becoming interested, underground and bus can also keep on being combined, but in spite of that him a little more complex.

http://www.barcelonaconnect.com/showlevel1.asp?pid=50&langId=2

http://www.catalunyataxi.com/

bus and underground

http://w3.bcn.es/XMLServeis/XMLHomeLinkPl/0,4022,173198596,00.html

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/sp/transporte/metro-barcelona.html

http://www.tmb.net/ca_ES/barcelona/moute/planols/planols.jsp

I wish that this information is useful for you and if you have any doubt and I can help you account|hill with me and excuse me for my English.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived