Royal Caribbean Fairs Almost Doubled in 3 Weeks... Will they Go Back Down?

About a month ago I started looking for a 14 day honeymoon cruise for my fiance and I for late July/early August, 2010. We decided our fave iteneraries were the Carnival Dream (with two 7 day cruises back to back), the Norwegian Epic (a straight 14 day cruise - which we later eliminated because of price), and the RC Freedom of the Seas (again, two 7 day cruises back to back). I entered all of the prices for the different types of cabins into a spreadsheet. I checked back on the prices today: the Dream is still the same but the Freedom of the Seas has almost doubled in less than a month's time (and more than a year in advance of the sailing date). *****?! If it stays this price or goes up, it's out of our budget. My question is: do y'all think there is any way it will go back down? If not, we're going to book the Dream at the early saver rate. Does RC fluctuate a lot, kinda like an airline? I called RC and the not-so-friendly agent said they've booked 300 cabins already and it's so popular blablabla and that's why the price jumped. I thought the Dream was the coolest new ship in town... and it hasn't increased in price by almost 80 percent...

I'll stop rambling...

Any input from you cruise geniuses would be nice!

<3

July and August are peak cruising time. Families with school vacation love to cruise! But the prices could definitely come down, or they could go up. We just don't know what will happen in the world, with the price of oil, or with the economy in the next year.

But you should know that if you book with Royal Caribbean and there is a price drop you will be able to take advantage of the price drop (unless it is marked for "new bookings only"). Sometimes it is easier to get the price drop if you book directly with Royal Caribbean. Maybe not easier, but less of a hassle ;)

I didn't notice your location, but if you're in the States or Canada and you book then cancel before the penalty period (70 days?) you'll get your deposit back.

Just be careful to read all the conditions of the Early Saver rate for Carnival before you book. There have been a lot of threads on the carnival board from disgruntled people who didn't, and are 'paying' for their omission. If you have questions about it, go to the Carnival side and ask. EM

I agree with Essiesmom! Boy do I...I have a Carnival cruise booked on the Early Saver fare and will likely loose the deposit ($300) because we probably can't go and too much in $penalty to change dates. July 2010 is a long, long time away and anything can happen. Book regular fare for now even if it's more. You can get the full deposit refunded and watch for price drops or other discounts as they come out (resident rates, military, etc)

Archived