Suggestions for Beach-Resort fun in Mazalan...

monakayk

If you are not interested in the pool, you can also go on your own without a day pass... we have done that twice now because we prefer the beach. You can use the bathrooms to change (or whatever :)), but have to pay for your own food and drink. I would imagine if you ate or drank quite a bit, the $35 would be a better deal than paying on your own, but we usually just have maybe one margarita or beer and a light snack, so we only spend maybe $20 - $25 total for 2 people.

You can just take a taxi to the hotel, and walk through to the beach... all beaches in Mexico are public. Hope this helps! :)

Thanks cruisin for all this detail and great info. Sounds like a really nice place and ITA....we would rather pay the $35 each and not have to do the time share: yah, yak, buy, buy talk!

Can you remember if the beach was rocky going into the ocean there or not? Just wondering how the swimming might be from the El Cid's beach area.

Thanks also to all the other folks for the additional info.

We have used the facilities at El Cid for over 15 years now. I think that the facilities are great (the best that we had been able to find so far but looking for something newer this year...) The beaches in front of the hotel are pretty narrow so you will be amongst lots of other people. And although the beach is not rocky, the surf can be rough. I have 25 and 26 year old son in laws who have been knocked around quite a bit at times! So just be careful and use good judgement.

Also, we have always just shown up on our own (it helps that my husband is of mexican decent and speaks perfect spanish) and sometimes they are happy to have you without having to buy day passes, other times they are hesitant to serve you as you don't have the "wristband" which shows that you have indeed paid for a day pass. So their position varies from visit to visit. I would imagine it has more to do with how busy they are? Anyway, it is a very nice place - water slides, numerous pools, good guacamole and chips.....I think that only thing that was annoying on our last visit was the organized pool games at one of the pools where they have disco music blaring and these "pool boys" trying to organize pool volleyball, etc.

So....again, a great place to spend part of a day even if it is beginning to show its age a bit BUT remember to check to see what the ocean is doing that day as the undertow and waves can be strong..

If you are not interested in the pool, you can also go on your own without a day pass... we have done that twice now because we prefer the beach. You can use the bathrooms to change (or whatever :)), but have to pay for your own food and drink. I would imagine if you ate or drank quite a bit, the $35 would be a better deal than paying on your own, but we usually just have maybe one margarita or beer and a light snack, so we only spend maybe $20 - $25 total for 2 people.

You can just take a taxi to the hotel, and walk through to the beach... all beaches in Mexico are public. Hope this helps! :)

We have done this at El Cid and was also able to use the pool.......I won't go back I didn't care for it..........

Looks like I found a perfect excursion for us to do in Mazatlan:

I contacted Julieta. She says we must buy the day passes at the El Moro Tower because that is the only place to get the cruise ship discount. Otherwise it costs $65 each. Then you have full use of the Castilla resort only.

I asked about buying them in advance and she said it is not necessary, nor did she offer to do it.

Here is the info from her email:

Good morning, how have you been? i was checking your email,

> > regarding getting a Day Pass to use at this your home, El Cid Resorts, the

>

> > cost is of $65.00 US per person, with this you will have included all

> meals

> > and house brand drinks of the restaurants and bars located en El Cid

> > Castilla, is valid for 24 hrs and you are able to buy it at the Front Desk

>

> > from this tower. In case that you will come in a cruise ship of Carnival

>

> > line the cost if of $35.00 US and they are sold at Moro tower, this is

> > cheaper because is not valid for 24 hrs.........****prices are subject to

> > change.

> >

> >

> > I hope this information was helpful to you, please, if you need

> > more information about this, do not hesitate to contact me.

> >

> >

> >

> > Julieta Lizarraga

> > Customer Service

> > El Cid Resorts

> > Mazatlan Mexico

Sounds like a perfect excursion.

Larry

I'm sorry, but I'm a little confused and I want to make sure I know what I'm talking about when I get off the ship! :D If you go to El Moro to buy the day pass, but the pass is for Castilla, how do you get from El Moro to Castilla? Or, is the pass actually for El Moro? This particular post says that is for Castilla but the other posts point to El Moro.

Thanks in advance!

Found a great deal (I hope) on Johann and Sandra's web site. Make reservations for any of the water sports and get the use of El Cid beach resort or Hotel Posada Freeman beach resort- right next door- for free. Have been to both- nice patios overlooking the beach. We made reservations for the 'banana boat' ride for $9.00 each-. Kids are excited. We'll buy our own snacks. Well explained on their website. Site says Hotel Freeman but my e-tickets say El Cid. I called- they said either resort will accept the e-ticket.

Has anyone used this excursion?

Archived