The Ultimate Carnival Cruise Packing List

CalmCruiserNC

I get some of those sample perfume vials and fill it with my perfume, so I don't have a large bottle to pack. I also pack a pauncho. I get some of those bubble wrapped mailers (9x13) for my wine bottle, it seals, then put it in a plastic bag just in case. that is a good idea about putting the shoes in a plastic bag.

Hi, Everyone!

I am learning so much by reading these boards about what I need to pack (besides clothing of course). I don't know if someone already posted a comprehensive list, but I can't seem to find it. So, other than the obvious, what do you think people need to pack? I'll compile the suggestions.

So far, I've learned that I need to bring:

1) Large cups with lids (since the glasses on board are so small, you have to make a bunch of trips to the bars/drink machines to get the amount of soda/tea you want.)

2) Pepto/Immodium (since the gift shops no longer sell it and an immediate visit to the infirmary might be a bit of an over-reaction to an upset tummy)

3) An extension cord and power strip (since the cabin has minimal outlets)

4) Earplugs (various reasons)

5) A great attitude (since it IS a vacation, even if things do go wrong)

What else should I put on the list?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1026470

Enjoy

Pat

Experience has taught me to bring (among other things) the following:

1) an umbrella. We got caught in a deluge in Barbados a few years ago without one. Not very fun.

2) pump liquid hand soap. Even though a small bar of soap is provided for the basin in our cabin's bathroom, we find them to be messy as it becomes "goopy" as it's used. Liquid soap in a pump just like I use at home is much easier and convenient.

3) a Thermos. I used to fill one of those refillable plastic water bottles (such as the type you can get at Target) with ice and water from the buffet for use in port. But the bottle would "sweat" as the ice melted making a mess in my beach bag. Now I use a vacuum Thermos which does not sweat, and my water stays ice cold all day.

4) disposable toilet seat liners. For use in port. I buy these at Walgreens. These are just in case I find myself in need of a public toilet that is in a less-than-desirable state of cleanliness. I also bring a travel pack of tissues and wet-wipes in case toilet paper is missing from public restrooms ashore. I must say, however, that I've always been able to find attended public facillities ashore that are clean. But, because I worry about these sorts of things, I always bring my own "toiletries" 'cause you never know.

ok, here's my list:

Pants

Shorts

Tops

Dresses

Shoes and Sandals

Swimsuits

Cover-up

Nightshirt

Underwear

Sweater

Evening Wrap

Slipper socks

Purse/Totebag

Jewelry

Cosmetics

Medicine

Books

Glasses/Contacts

Scissors

Flavored Creamers

Individual Crystal Lite Packets

Snacks

Hat

Fan

Sunscreen

Clock

Bug spray wipes (Avon)

Water Bottle

Passport

Plane Tickets

Paperwork

Money

Plastic Baggies

Highlighter

Curling Iron

Baby Wipes

Hi, Everyone!

I am learning so much by reading these boards about what I need to pack (besides clothing of course). I don't know if someone already posted a comprehensive list, but I can't seem to find it. So, other than the obvious, what do you think people need to pack? I'll compile the suggestions.

So far, I've learned that I need to bring:

1) Large cups with lids (since the glasses on board are so small, you have to make a bunch of trips to the bars/drink machines to get the amount of soda/tea you want.)

2) Pepto/Immodium (since the gift shops no longer sell it and an immediate visit to the infirmary might be a bit of an over-reaction to an upset tummy)

3) An extension cord and power strip (since the cabin has minimal outlets)

4) Earplugs (various reasons)

5) A great attitude (since it IS a vacation, even if things do go wrong)

What else should I put on the list?

Go to *************** for the ultimate packing lists for men & women. I use it every time I pack & haven't forgotten anything. Have a GREAT cruise!!

• 9 months later...
We always do laundry on the ship so....

Travel size single wash of Laundry Detergent and Dryer sheets.

Battery powered or wind up alarm clock.

I-Pod and cell phone chargers

Wal-Mart Gift Card (empty) to lock and unlock safe

Laundry bag (mesh)

Sunscreen

Aloe with Lidocaine

Okay, I'm forgetting a bunch but that's my contribution for now!!!!!!!!

Oh, I like the idea of using an empty gift card for the safe. I didn't realize that would work. Thanks for the great idea!

Definitely air freshener for the bathrooms - as there is no fan to help take away the bad odor after an upset stomach :eek: I go to bath and body works and get one of the small cans of room sprays for $3 and it lasts up to 4 hours.

For motion sickness - go to CVS or a drug store like it and purchase some wrist bands. They are only $4 or so and you keep them on your wrists while on board and they have NONE of the side effects that a lot of the medicines do. I used to take non-drowsy dramamine for all my trips and my first cruise, and I would still feel a little "woozy" from the medicine and not be 100%. If you have to buy them on board, they were $11.00.

don't forget your camera cords & laptop charger! If your camera needs batteries take a few extra!

Don't forget a good conditioner if you have dry curly hair like me. The stuff on the ship is no where near powerful enough to keep mine tame!

Don't forget a good conditioner if you have dry curly hair like me. The stuff on the ship is no where near powerful enough to keep mine tame!

Isn't that the truth?!? We're on the Splendor in August and I heard they don't even have conditioner in the shower dispensers.

I really pack light and bring very little extras. I do bring a money holder necklace thing so that I don't have to being a purse with me in ports. I wear my camera and phone in a waist pack. And ziplock bags to protect your camera, phone etc even just while you are at poolside. I also use a necklace type holder for my sign and sail card.

Archived