RCCL- whole milk yogurt?

barriekins

I am traveling a week from Saturday on LOS with my 8 month old. She recently started eating yogurt but is only allowed whole milk, without artificial sweeteners. Does anyone know if this is available onboard? I know yogurt is available at the windjammer for breakfast but I can't remember what kind!

Thanks!!

I am traveling a week from Saturday on LOS with my 8 month old. She recently started eating yogurt but is only allowed whole milk, without artificial sweeteners. Does anyone know if this is available onboard? I know yogurt is available at the windjammer for breakfast but I can't remember what kind!

Thanks!!

Lol, I'm wondering if this is your frist kid. My DD, 7 months, has started eating yogurt too. I feed her plain, full fat Yoplait. She HATES it! I usually mix in a little with her other food so she will get some.

I, too, was contemplating the yogurt situation on board and figured that I would just feed her whatever they had at the WJ.

I think I am going to drag a couple of avocados on board too. They will store okay for most of the week, are easy to cut, scoop and smash and make a wonderful food. Mix in a little hard boiled egg YOLK (and some yogurt:D) and you have quite a nutritious meal! Plus, if you are travelling in a room with a fridge, you can actually store the avocado longer.

Did you know that you can arrange for room service to bring you pureed food as often as you want? Talk to your head waiter about it.

I'm going to set up service for 3x a day. Morning egg yolk and pureed chicken/beef for lunch and dinner.

I am traveling a week from Saturday on LOS with my 8 month old. She recently started eating yogurt but is only allowed whole milk,

Thanks!!

You might check with your pediatrician re: requiring whole milk. My girls were also on whole milk at the time of their first cruise, but the pediatrician said that reduced fat milk products would not be a problem at all during a week or two of vacation.

Best,

Mia

thanks for the replies!

I didn't know that they would puree food for us, thanks for the tip!

They sure will :)

Anything they puree for your baby will be spiced according to how they plan on serving it in the dining room and at the WJ.

TTYTT - my baby loved the extra flavor. Gobbled it down.

They don't "make baby food", they puree food for people with special dietary needs. Dont ask for "baby food". Simply say you have a passenger that requires pureed food.

When you get on board ask your head waiter to assist you in creating a menu for the week. Room service will deliver at pre specified times and you can also have pureed food waiting for baby at dinner (if you plan on bringing them)

Thanks so much for your help! I'm sure my daughter will enjoy all the flavors, she is a great eater and has liked everything we've put in front of her (except peas!)

Any other tips that you can think of for cruising on Royal with a baby?

Thanks again!

I think I am going to drag a couple of avocados on board too. They will store okay for most of the week, are easy to cut, scoop and smash and make a wonderful food. Mix in a little hard boiled egg YOLK (and some yogurt:D) and you have quite a nutritious meal! Plus, if you are travelling in a room with a fridge, you can actually store the avocado longer.

Are you certain this is permitted? Most cruiselines will not allow fresh fruit/vegetables to be brought onboard.

Are you certain this is permitted? Most cruiselines will not allow fresh fruit/vegetables to be brought onboard.

This is permitted.

People always get confused about it. The ship will not allow any fresh fruits, flowers, etc to be brought OFF the ship. These things can be brought on in a port of departure.

How else would they load the flowers and fresh food for the week?

I carried a whole (spiked) watermelon on in Galveston once....

Archived