Weather - Mex Riviera next week 8/23

got twins?

Hello experts and residents!!

Hoping someone can give me insight (bzy1...I often look to you)...about what to really expect for weather next week 8/23-8/31 ????

Weather.com says 95-ish and "scattered thundershowers 60%"...

What will this really be like for us visitors in Cabo, Mazatlan, and PV ??

Thanks as always for your info!!

:D:)

Jennifer

Hoping someone can give me insight (bzy1...I often look to you)...about what to really expect for weather next week 8/23-8/31 ????

Jennifer

Translated, that means "relax and have a great time". :D

In the summer in the tropics it can rain every day - it's not unusual at all. However, it usually only lasts for 15 minutes or so and then you go on about having fun. You will find it usually happens in the late afternoon or evening, with the mornings and early afternoons being mostly dry, while the humidity builds up throughout the day, resulting in thundershowers late in the day or evening. Many days it won't even rain on you, it will rain 10 miles away instead. Of course, because it's 95 degrees and humid, you wish it would rain on you and release the humidity and cool you off, but often it just doesn't cooperate. You'll see people continuing to sunbathe right through the rain. Except in the event of tropical storm, it should never disturb your plans or vacation. Many days I move for cover because I see a thunderstorm coming, and then it cruises another direction, and it doesn't rain a drop. Just part of summer in the tropics - there is no tropical storm or hurricane in the forecast, so you should just have a great time.

Hope this helps, have fun!

Jennifer

I had the same concerns as you. I'll be there the week after you (8/30-9/6). After seeing the same forecast as you, I checked out the Splendor's webcam while it was in Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo this week. It just looked cloudy... no thunderstorms. Yeah, you're looking at one second in time, but it's better than nothing to see current conditions ;)

Ship cam link:

http://www.infocruise.it/infoCarnival/ShipInfo.asp?name=Splendor&channel=1

Archived