Halloween on Caribbean Princess?

TrixieLou

I'm a cruise newbie and I'm booked on the Caribbean Princess cruise out of NYC on 10/24. Very excited as we'll be on board on Halloween. Will there be a special party or anything? I love Halloween and wouldn't want to miss any costume party action!

I'm a cruise newbie and I'm booked on the Caribbean Princess cruise out of NYC on 10/24. Very excited as we'll be on board on Halloween. Will there be a special party or anything? I love Halloween and wouldn't want to miss any costume party action!

Come join our huge roll call!!!!!!!

Halloween is the last night of thwe cruise in St Thomas, they will have a party.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=815155

The "Bears" always cruise on Haloween - you might want to check their plans for this year or if they have a group booked for this particular ship. Some people find there presence offensive. We were on the Star when they were aboard and did not have a problem with any of them.

Ron

The "Bears" always cruise on Haloween - you might want to check their plans for this year or if they have a group booked for this particular ship. Some people find there presence offensive. We were on the Star when they were aboard and did not have a problem with any of them.

Ron

Non issue.

Non issue.

It was a non - issue with us - they didn't bother us, although there were a lot of after the fact complainers on the CC board. They were quite a large group - they had one entire dining room, second seating just for them. They did pretty much take over the aft pool also.

Ron

Ron

Is there anyway to find out what cruise they are on next?? We were on with them on the Star in 2004. They took over the aft of the ship and it was unfair to the other cruisers.

Ok, so I hope I don't tick anyone off here, or go off topic, but here's where I have a problem with Princess. We were on the Star with this group many years ago. While neither I or my wife have any problem with it, we would choose not to do another cruise with the group. A lot of areas were taken over by the group, including the aft pool. Again - I don't have any problem with this, but I don't like to use a pool while there are 3-somes and 4-somes going on in broad daylight. Again - no problem with the group, I would just choose not to participate in the cruise if I have the choice. The same goes if any sort of TV show is being filmed on board - we just would rather not be involved and pick another cruise, simply because the group with the TV show gets preferential treatment and closes parts of the ship down at times.

That being said - when we have booked our last few cruises, we have attempted to ask the Princess agent if any "large groups" or TV shows have booked. We have been told multiple times they can not give this information. I wish they could give this information. I'm not against any of these large groups, or TV shows, but I would just like to know so that I could make a choice to avoid it.

Is there anyway to find out what cruise they are on next?? We were on with them on the Star in 2004. They took over the aft of the ship and it was unfair to the other cruisers.

We were probably on the same ship and cruise. They have a website that has their calendar - however - I did not bookmark it for my own reasons.

Ron

Ok, so I hope I don't tick anyone off here, or go off topic, but here's where I have a problem with Princess. We were on the Star with this group many years ago. While neither I or my wife have any problem with it, we would choose not to do another cruise with the group. A lot of areas were taken over by the group, including the aft pool. Again - I don't have any problem with this, but I don't like to use a pool while there are 3-somes and 4-somes going on in broad daylight. Again - no problem with the group, I would just choose not to participate in the cruise if I have the choice. The same goes if any sort of TV show is being filmed on board - we just would rather not be involved and pick another cruise, simply because the group with the TV show gets preferential treatment and closes parts of the ship down at times.

That being said - when we have booked our last few cruises, we have attempted to ask the Princess agent if any "large groups" or TV shows have booked. We have been told multiple times they can not give this information. I wish they could give this information. I'm not against any of these large groups, or TV shows, but I would just like to know so that I could make a choice to avoid it.

I agree - had I known probably would not have booked. Our son was with us, he made sure that me or my wife were with him as he did not want to be recognized as one of them. The takeover of the aft pool was a little much, however, those who we met were very polite and unobtrusive.

Ron

LOL I'll answer this one....A couple of years ago you are right there was a bear group that caused a lot of problems on Princess and since that time that group has been banned from Princess. There is another bear group which still does sail Chumleys which we sailed on last year on Caribbean Princess last November 2nd 08

The Chumley Bear group is not cruising on Princess this year......They are on Costa this year. The Chumley group is not the group that caused the problems a few year back and I can assure you you will not see any offensive activities going on.....It is without a question the most well behaved group of gay men I have ever met. However 250 gay men gathered in any location might cause some second looks....The group that sailed on the Crown a couple of years ago gave the gay and lesbian community a really bad name.

The Halloween cruises have a farily large number of people who do dress up. Some very elaborate costumes too...I'm not sure how some of them get all that in their luggage. You'll enjoy it.

We were on the CB last year, some people dressed for Halloween, others didn't, your preference. They did have a Halloween costume party and from what I heard it was hilarious. We're NOT going to miss it this year.

Come join our roll call.................http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=297

If memory serves, we have been on 2 Holloween cruises and enjoyed them both (before the time change was changed:(, we cruised both the spring time change and the fall time change, which used to almost always cover Holloween in the fall) Anyway, we saw a few people dress up and it was great to see, but I would always forget to take anything special. Out of 3000 or so guest, probably saw less than 200 dressing up for the occasion. I think it would be fun to do it though, you will not be looked down on for doing it that is for sure:cool:

I do not remember an abundance of "bears" on those cruises.

Archived