Emerald Baltic Weather in mid September??

skellis

We are scheduled for the September 13 Baltic cruise on the Emerald Princess. Now I am beginning to worry about what to pack. Has anyone been on a Baltic Cruise in mid September? What is the weather like? I plan to bring a rain coat and umbrella and I see that temperatures in that area are in the 60s and low 70s right now, but do they go much lower in September?

Pack layers. I've been to Russia (Moscow to St. Petersburg) in September and it ranged from upper 50s to low 70s. You'll be fine with a couple of sweaters and a rain jacket.

When I travel in northern Europe in September or October, I bring a couple of lightweight corduroy shirts from Lands End, a couple of cashmere sweaters, and a reversible lightly quilted jacket from Appleseeds (these are absolutely fabulous; they have quite a few different colors and fabric combinations.) With a T-shirt under any of these, I can combine them to be warmer. And, I have a lightweight but warm rain jacket from Lands End that stuffs into it's own pocket so I can put it in my backpack "just in case." I rarely bring an umbrella even though I have a tiny one from Magellans as I've almost had my eye poked out too many times by people with umbrellas who aren't watching where they're going or doing.

If you go to http://fp.homestead.com/weather.html you will see weather links for the ports on the Baltic cruise.

When you go to the port's weather, about 1/2 way down the page is "weather history for this location".

You can enter in a date you will be there for a prior year and see what the weather was like at that time of year.

Like the stock market, past performance is no guarantee of the future.

If you go to http://fp.homestead.com/weather.html you will see weather links for the ports on the Baltic cruise.

When you go to the port's weather, about 1/2 way down the page is "weather history for this location".

You can enter in a date you will be there for a prior year and see what the weather was like at that time of year.

Like the stock market, past performance is no guarantee of the future.

Well, is that cool, or what?

We are scheduled for the September 13 Baltic cruise on the Emerald Princess. Now I am beginning to worry about what to pack. Has anyone been on a Baltic Cruise in mid September? What is the weather like? I plan to bring a rain coat and umbrella and I see that temperatures in that area are in the 60s and low 70s right now, but do they go much lower in September?

We were there last September. Mostly cold, windy and rainy. Temps in 50's; 60's in Copenhagen, other countries colder. Estonia and Finland; miserable weather. Poland was uncommonly warmish. No guarantees on weather at any time, so be prepared.

Archived