"Real" embarkation time

Our documents for our Voyager sailing out of Southampton on September 7th say 3 pm embarkation but for a 6 pm sailing we know that is not true.

We are staying at a wonderful boutique hotel in New Forest outside of Southampton on the 6th and are going to arrange a transfer to the ship.

We'd of course love to get there in time to enjoy a lovely lunch on board. I know we can't get into our cabins, but it would still be nice to know what time they usually start the check-in.

Thanks!!

What has been said above is confirmed by the rssc.com website (under "cruise questions"):

"Q: When is embarkation and disembarkation?

A: The ship is ready for embarkation between 12pm (noon) and 1pm. However, the suites are not usually available before 3pm. If sailing from a U.S. port, in order to meet U.S. Customs and Border Protection requirements, all guests must embark the ship no later than two hours prior to sailing time. All other sailings require guests to embark no later than an hour and 30 minutes prior to sailing time. For disembarkation, guests should plan on vacating their suites shortly after the scheduled arrival time into port. Cruise-only guests should not schedule flights prior to four hours after disembarkation."

I have often been able to sneak into my cabin well before 2 pm to drop off my hand carry items.

I have often been able to sneak into my cabin well before 2 pm to drop off my hand carry items.

The check-in procedure is set up to receive guests around 12 noon. I don't sneak into my cabin, I go and ask the stewardess if she would mind me dropping off my hand items. She is the one doing the work.

The check-in procedure is set up to receive guests around 12 noon. I don't sneak into my cabin, I go and ask the stewardess if she would mind me dropping off my hand items. She is the one doing the work.

And I go to the bar and get a chocolate martini. . . . I want my suite ready ASAP so I stay away.;)

Archived