Anyone else anxiously waiting for a cabin number?

debsjc

I am, still waiting for gty sy. for Nov13th. How did you get notified on you cabin # Thanks

You can check on the online check in page of the HAL site. You still are about 4 weeks from sail date though so chances are you have a while to wait. I'm sailing on 11/1 and I'm still (somewhat) patiently waiting!

Sailing on 10-31 Eurodam! Just got my cabin no. today.........booked a VH guarantee and got VB ......... woohoo! And it is aft where I love the best!

Ditto on all counts, Oceanbreeze! Right down to the woohoo! Are you going to the meet and greet 11/1 in the Silk Den?

Ditto, almost. Mine is forward and it got assigned sometime last week. :cool: My parents got their SS assignment last week too, very close by. A week earlier HAL offered them an SB but wanted a LOT of extra bucks for it. I don't sweat cabin selections since I spend as many waking hours as possible getting fresh air on deck.

We booked the "HH" guarantee (obstructed view) and received a "FF," full window aft on A deck for our Nov 8th sailing on the Ryndam.

A note: I've been checking pretty much daily in "My account" and looking at the reservation. In "My account" the stateroom is still not shown. Today I went into "Online checkin" and "Print luggage tags" to find the cabin number. Then I was also able to reprint our boarding passes with the cabin number. I wonder how long the cabin number has been there???

Three weeks from today is a sea day!

I booked a EE outside guarantee and last night, 12 days before my cruise, I saw they'd given me a category C, but it's one of the handicapped cabins. I know they're larger, but I feel bad because I don't need it and I bet there are people that do. It's an odd shape because it's fully wheel chair accessible, so I'm curious about the layout. Anyone know anything about C390 on the Veendam? Anyone have any opinion about whether I should contact the cruise line and decline the cabin?

I booked a EE outside guarantee and last night, 12 days before my cruise, I saw they'd given me a category C, but it's one of the handicapped cabins. I know they're larger, but I feel bad because I don't need it and I bet there are people that do. It's an odd shape because it's fully wheel chair accessible, so I'm curious about the layout. Anyone know anything about C390 on the Veendam? Anyone have any opinion about whether I should contact the cruise line and decline the cabin?

Don't feel bad about getting the cabin strictly from the "taking it from someone who needs it" standpoint. At 12 days out, if it's available, it's not being kept from a handicapped person. These rooms are there if someone needs them, but they are inventory if no one with need buys them. My mom had an accessible cabin on a cruise and she is an able bodied person. The difference was the shower with no lip, larger doorways, and extra floor space. Other than that the cabin seemed similar to others in her category.

Have a wonderful trip!!!

When you book a guarantee, you get assigned to a cabin from the inventory of what is left over. No one booked the HC cabin.

At this late date, they're not taking more bookings, so you are not taking the cabin away from anyone who needs it.

Believe me, if someone required a HC cabin, the person would have booked a long time ago!

My DD and her BF are still awaiting their assignment for 11/1!

i know, i know, i know. BUT i need a HC cabin for my cruise. however when i asked none was avail. i filled out the special needs form with HAL and then booked a guarantee cabin. DH is in a wheelchair and it will be very difficult to manuver in to and around the room in addition to the shower. i did request a shower chair.we will do the best we can and not complain. so my point is this... HAL reservations does not talk to HAL special needs so maybe, just maybe, there is someone assigned to an HC cabin from a guarantee on my cruise and no one would know that i could have used it. and no i would not call HAL to request one after booking a guarantee.

i know, i know, i know. BUT i need a HC cabin for my cruise. however when i asked none was avail. i filled out the special needs form with HAL and then booked a guarantee cabin. DH is in a wheelchair and it will be very difficult to manuver in to and around the room in addition to the shower. i did request a shower chair.we will do the best we can and not complain. so my point is this... HAL reservations does not talk to HAL special needs so maybe, just maybe, there is someone assigned to an HC cabin from a guarantee on my cruise and no one would know that i could have used it. and no i would not call HAL to request one after booking a guarantee.

We need a HC cabin also, and when there are none available, we have to book a different cruise. There is no way we can book a guarantee, because there is no way DH could sail in anything but a HC cabin. He cannot walk and requires a roll-on shower and the wider doorways to accommodate his wheelchair.

Croozer, the poster above, is 12 days out from his/her sailing. He/she was assigned the HC cabin because IT HAD NOT BEEN BOOKED by this late date.

HAL has a wonderful access and compliance staff, and they know their inventory and their passengers. If there were a HC cabin available on your cruise, they would have made sure you got it. Unless, of course, you booked something like an inside cabin, and the open cabin was a suite. Then they might offer you an upsell.

Bottom line: If you absolutely require a HC cabin, then you should never book a guarantee.

we use a transport chair and i help him in/out of the cabin,with the shower, in/out shower chair.i since i am the sole caregiver at home, i am accustomed to doing it all so to speak. he wanted to go on this cruise and i will take him. easy to say never book a guarantee if we absolutely need a HC cabin, but thats not reality. reality is that he gets the help he needs to travel and that is me so he does not have to stay home.

we use a transport chair and i help him in/out of the cabin,with the shower, in/out shower chair.i since i am the sole caregiver at home, i am accustomed to doing it all so to speak. he wanted to go on this cruise and i will take him. easy to say never book a guarantee if we absolutely need a HC cabin, but thats not reality. reality is that he gets the help he needs to travel and that is me so he does not have to stay home.

HAL cannot give you a "guarantee HC cabin."

They can give someone a guarantee for a standard VA cabin, for example, and the person booking it is guaranteed to get an VA or better.

But they cannot sell a guarantee handicapped accessible cabin, simply because they cannot guarantee that any HC cabins will be available when the booking is closed and they start assigning the guarantees.

This is the logic: By stating you need a HC cabin, you are basically selecting a specific cabin. On a Vista ship there are only 28 HC cabins -- compared to the hundreds and hundreds of standard cabins. If those 28 HC cabins are booked by people with disabilities, then HAL's guarantee would mean nothing!!!

That is why they cannot offer a guarantee to a person requiring a HC cabin.

They can put you on a waitlist for a specific HC cabin, however.

A person typically books a guarantee because he/she does not care to book a specific cabin. There is always a chance for an upgrade, too.

A person who needs a HC cabin -- who absolutely cannot be in a standard cabin [as is my husband's case] -- has to book a specific cabin.

I also care for my DH, and I have to get him into and out of the shower, dress him, etc. etc.

I know that he could not access a shower in a standard cabin - or even a threshold into the bathroom.

I know that his wheelchair would not fit through the door of a standard cabin or its bathroom.

I know he could not access the balcony in a standard cabin.

So if we do not have a HC cabin -- we do not cruise.

If a HC cabin is not available on a specific cruise, we book another week. We have no choice.

Got assignments today!! Booked SZ Gty, assigned SS-Upper Promenade. The couple we are travelling with booked VF Gty, assigned VB-Upper Promenade....we're all thrilled and counting the days!!!!
Wow, those are pretty nice upgrades for 24 days out! :D IME those kind don't happen until maybe 7 or 6 days out.

Got assignments today!! Booked SZ Gty, assigned SS-Upper Promenade. The couple we are travelling with booked VF Gty, assigned VB-Upper Promenade....we're all thrilled and counting the days!!!!

OOPS! Meant Upper Verandah, not Upper Promenade!!! I was tooooo excittted to postttt....! :o:)

Got our cabin number today - had a HH Guarantee and got a D cabin.

The question I have is this - the cabin is #418 on the lower promenade - it is an aft cabin. Will people be looking in our stateroom and will we be able to hear them walking/running early in the morning?? This is on the Ryndam.:eek:

Got our cabin number today - had a HH Guarantee and got a D cabin.

Will people be looking in our stateroom and will we be able to hear them walking/running early in the morning?? :eek:

Love Aft Cabins!

Looks like a good upgrade, you would have had folks walking by your HH window anyway too, now you have a bigger room in a better location.

Easy to get out and check the view with the door to the outside so close.

Have a Great Cruise! & hopefully someone will know this cabin and give you a bit more info.:)

We are 10 days away.....just rec'd the cabin # ...... very happy .....went from a EE gty to a C on lower promenade deck!! it is right across from the launderette but that is actually very good since my SO does tons of laundry!! And....happy for me to get up and walk / run the outside deck right there!! I can hardly wait now!!

So has anyone gotten a great upgrade lately?

We're just over 5 weeks away from sailing on the Eurodam and I'm curious to hear if the upgrade fairy has been hard at work or are the ships sailing near full?

We're less than a week away and they are still offering upsells ...

My DD went from H to a D ... then upsell to a VB!

Archived