Anyone else anxiously waiting for a cabin number?

debsjc

Booked a balcony BC guarantee on the 12/21 Statendam. Waiting patiently to find out what HAL assigns.

Saw the Statendam at one of our ports when we were on our recent 9/14 Coral Princess Alaska cruise. Looked the exterior of the Statendam balcony cabins over...longing to know which one will be ours if we get starboard. Didn't get to see the port side.

LOVE the Statendam, sailed on this ship more than once. It's the HAL S-class that I love, just the right size. Good luck with your cabin assignment. Happy Sailing!

I got my cabin assignemnt for my cruise on the Statendam. I booked an MM and got a J. I'm pretty happy with it. I've been trying to get an upsell but HAL wasn't ready last week. I may still try to go with it but if it doesn't happen I'm pretty happy with this.

That's a nice cabin category. Congratulations on your upgrade.

Thank you. Ruth, I also want to thank you very much because you suggested that I could book my own air and still get HAL's transportation form the airport to the hotel...hotel to the ship. It worked...and I saved some good cash! You are an asset to this board....and I want to tell you how much I appreciate it:).

Thank you. Ruth, I also want to thank you very much because you suggested that I could book my own air and still get HAL's transportation form the airport to the hotel...hotel to the ship. It worked...and I saved some good cash! You are an asset to this board....and I want to tell you how much I appreciate it:).

You're welcome. And thank you in return for the kind words.

I got my cabin assignemnt for my cruise on the Statendam. I booked an MM and got a J. I'm pretty happy with it. I've been trying to get an upsell but HAL wasn't ready last week. I may still try to go with it but if it doesn't happen I'm pretty happy with this.

Congratulations Lorekauf!

Have a great Trip -

Well finally got our Cabin for Sunday departure on the Zanndam, A small upgrade to E from EE the nice thing is that we will be closer to the Center of the ship and on the dolphin deck, so smooth sailing for my new First M8 It's her first cruise. Bon Voyage to all that are leaving this weekend.

small upgrade to E from EE the nice thing is that we will be closer to the Center

Bon Voyage to all that are leaving this weekend.

its a great ship, we just sailed on her in 1803 and it worked out wonderfully, easy on and off ship at ports.

Have a wonderful time & congrats on the minor upgrade.

ps. How did you find out?

Well finally got our Cabin for Sunday departure on the Zanndam, A small upgrade to E from EE the nice thing is that we will be closer to the Center of the ship and on the dolphin deck, so smooth sailing for my new First M8 It's her first cruise. Bon Voyage to all that are leaving this weekend.

Nothing like waiting until the last minite to assign it. The best upgrade I've ever gotten was assigned 3 days before sailing. Have a great cruise.

its a great ship, we just sailed on her in 1803 and it worked out wonderfully, easy on and off ship at ports.

Have a wonderful time & congrats on the minor upgrade.

ps. How did you find out?

Hi Jan Checked my online docs, Was Guarantee this morning always check twice a day, lol,

and had the cabin # in place tonight

read that line again "we just sailed on her in 1803" if you take it out of context it's pretty funny.

Cheers! M8

ead that line again "we just sailed on her in 1803" if you take it out of context it's pretty funny.

Cheers! M8

Laughing so much tears are running - Need that

Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Have a great trip!

We originally had a VF GTY booking for the 11/14 Eurodam sailing. I was watching pricing and it dropped so that changing to a SZ GTY was affordable so we upgraded. Now we are waiting for our SZ assignment and it's fun to anticipate the final outcome. Good luck, Happy Sailing!

Would be in interested to know what was an affordable upgrade figure. We are the same cruise and I spoke to our TA today and they wanted a lot of money to upgrade from VB to SZ guarantee. Maybe it's because we're in the UK.

Would be in interested to know what was an affordable upgrade figure. We are the same cruise and I spoke to our TA today and they wanted a lot of money to upgrade from VB to SZ guarantee. Maybe it's because we're in the UK.

At the time HAL was offering a sale and so we were able to switch our GTY from VF to SZ for $300 per person. Well worth it for the extra room IMHO. Have you sailed with HAL before - I think we got special past cruiser pricing when we booked. Happy Sailing!

Hi

first post be gentle !

We got our cabin upgraded from VF to VA with 3 weeks notice (Sail 14th Oct Zuierdam ~ Panama Canal) well chuffed with the Upgrade, we couldnt have wished for more :) > Would like to know if this is HALs final choice as we have now given everyone our cabin number for correspondence purposes.

At the time HAL was offering a sale and so we were able to switch our GTY from VF to SZ for $300 per person. Well worth it for the extra room IMHO. Have you sailed with HAL before - I think we got special past cruiser pricing when we booked. Happy Sailing!

We paid the same...agree it was a great deal! Have been watching (and hoping) for some 'amazing sale' for SA, SB, SC...but am thrilled to be in ANY "S"!!!

42 days and counting!!!!

chris~

PS...did anyone else notice ALL (except PH) suite inventory disappeared today? Wonder if we will be getting assignments soon.....OH, the anticipation!!

That works -

Upgrade Fairy please hear Doublebzz plea,

Keeping fingers crossed for you & Dreams do come true.

If you do not find out until you board the ship, come back after and let us know.

Have a great trip!

From the Zuiderdam in Acapulco.

Received my cabin on the pier upon sailing Sep 29th. VH guarantee turned into Cabin VA7143. Not too shabby.

Yes this will be our first HAL cruise. Really looking forward to it and our aft cabin!

Gail

I hope we don't have to wait until we are at the pier. Still waiting though, the ship sails Thursday.

My cousin and aunt each received their assignments at the pier. One went from a VF to a VA and the other from a VF to a VC... not too shabby! Good luck and have a wonderful cruise!

PS...did anyone else notice ALL (except PH) suite inventory disappeared today? Wonder if we will be getting assignments soon.....OH, the anticipation!!

When I checked today inside and balcony categories were still available. But I've seen this happen on other cruises I have tracked and a few days later some or all categories that previously showed closed changed to available again. No we won't be getting our assignments yet. We still have to wait the usual amount of time. Happy Sailing!

I don't sail for another 26 days so I'm not expecting an answer for a bit... but I've booked an EE guarantee and am eager to see what I get. I've noticed that there seem to be a ton of rooms left on my particular cruise. There is availability in almost every category.

I'll be thrilled with whatever I get!

Archived