Anyone else anxiously waiting for a cabin number?

debsjc

I am not disappointed....I am happy just to be on the cruise.....and I made the decision when I paid what I would be happy with. I got what I paid for....and that is a WONDERFUL trip!

And that is the right attitude to have icon14.gif

We booked our upcoming cruise even though we have used our vacation time this year, this was really to good a deal to pass up and it gave us a chance to be with friends for a week, the upgrade price again was to good to pass up, though as someone who normally pays for their suite I can understand where ekerr19 is coming from, as I pointed out to our TA a couple of days ago, we paid 3 times what we paid for this cruise the last time we were on HAL and there is a chance that we will end up in the same type of cabin.

I waited and hoped......got my number yesterday......but, alas, no upgrade for me!! Not sure why I was hoping for a window....maybe it was 67 days!! Oh well.....I will be happy with what I have....VERY happy because I am going on a fantastic trip and will meet wonderful people and see amazing places!! How can I NOT be happy!! :D:D

(but a girl can hope can't she???) :confused:

Hi Kween Karen! I just checked my GTY....but I am still waiting....we leave the same day....hmmm?? ..... it's ok, I am patient :D .... maybe HAL is doing it alphabetically? You are Amsterdam, I am Zuiderdam ?? No problem, I too will be perfectly happy just cruising!! Although this cruise is my "short, solo" one.....I still have GTY for Nov 7th Circle Hawaii to look forward to also! Happy Girl am I :D:D

I waited and hoped......got my number yesterday......but, alas, no upgrade for me!! Not sure why I was hoping for a window....maybe it was 67 days!! Oh well.....I will be happy with what I have....VERY happy because I am going on a fantastic trip and will meet wonderful people and see amazing places!! How can I NOT be happy!! :D:D

(but a girl can hope can't she???) :confused:

We Loved our "Well Appointed Closet" as my DH called it on our recent Zaandam Cruise to Alaska.

Take a battery powered fan & a tap light to leave on at night in the bathroom, a lighted clock so you know if you have napped all night or sill can make it to dinner and you will be all set.

We have decided booking an inside state room allows us to take more cruises and to spend more seeing each port. How cool is that!

We just booked a G Guaranteed on 1/4/10 Australia & New Zealand - Folks called us as we were driving home from Alaskan cruise and said they wanted us to come with them on this cruise OMG can't believe we are going. it was just $1068 taxes & fees included for 12 days- how could one not go.

Starting out a vacation "so disappointed" just sets one up for further disappointments during cruise. I wonder when the negative review will be posted?

Knitlady- This is simply a kind remark; Karen is WILDLY excited about this cruise and is doing MOST of the work to organize our meet N greet...her remark is simply a matter of degrees; more LIKE saying "Oh - I didn't get that kiss good-night" Right, Karen? She is SO bubbling over with enthusiasm I doubt she COULD write a bad review!!!!!!

Anne

Knitlady- This is simply a kind remark; Karen is WILDLY excited about this cruise and is doing MOST of the work to organize our meet N greet...her remark is simply a matter of degrees; more LIKE saying "Oh - I didn't get that kiss good-night" Right, Karen? She is SO bubbling over with enthusiasm I doubt she COULD write a bad review!!!!!!

Anne

Heaven's NO.....never find a bad review from ME!!! I am totally excited....will love my 'windowless' room (it is the one I picked originally after all) and the entire ship will be my window....and the wonderful people on board will be my new friends!!

Anne

The disappointment comment was not directed at Kween Karen. It was about the OP that booked an SZ cabin and was upgraded to an SS for free, but was disappointed that she was not getting a full suite. She even called HAL to ask for another upgrade. I cleared this up with Karen already. I know how excited she is and followed her long journey to be on her cruise.

We have an HH GTY on the Ryandam Panama Cruise 9/29 out of SD. Ship sails out of Vancouver. They say it is sold out. What can I expect? This is my first GTY.

We had an EE gte for which we paid HH price and just got a cabin C339 which is a great cabin midships on lower promenade deck. We had C321 on the Maasdam two years ago and it was a perfect location.

Just received our cabin assignment for our 9/27 Veendam cruise ... we booked an "S" GTY so there wasn't much of a surprise. Anyone on our cruise waiting for an assignment might want to check and see if they have a cabin number.

Sharon

Is there any correlation between Mariner status and how much of an upgrade HAL gives? We haven't sailed on HAL for about 8 years and don't know their "ways". Since we're not sailing until December, we have lots of time to anticipate "possibilities". We booked a VF guarantee. We usually do guarantees when we cruise, but we always are sure we can be satisfied with what we purchased in case of no upgrades. We feel it's always best not to have high expectations (or no expectations at all). :)

Is there any correlation between Mariner status and how much of an upgrade HAL gives?

Based on anecdotal evidence from reading many threads, it appears there's an inverse correlation between Mariner status and upgrades.

Many of us who are longtime, frequent HAL cruisers don't get, or don't get much of, upgrades, while newcomers report nice ones.

Nobody knows for sure how HAL assigns cabins. A lot of folks on this board will say they've never received an upgrade but what they don't say is that they book suites. There's only 1 cabin to move up from there - the PH!! :D:DHappy Sailing!

Yes, but RuthC always books an inside cabin and has not received an upgrade and she pays the single supplement as well. So not all the long time cruisers book suites.

I mostly have the guarantee assignments figured out. It is mostly based on price paid and prices of the various catergories. By watching the HAL website, I usually can guess my assignment or come very close. This time I booked an H guarantee and my "system" told me staying at an H was most likely. That's what I was assigned. We were offered an upsell today to a VA and accepted, so I won't know if we could have lucked out and gotten a late upgrade to a higher (than H) category.

This is the only time we have been assigned the category we originally booked. All other times the price has gone down after booking (usually after final payment). This cruise never dropped in price after we booked.

We're also awaiting our cabin assignment., We sail on the Zuiderdam, Nov. 13 cruise. Booked and SZ and will be happy with whatever we wind up with.

Originally booked a VE - but then the price of the SZ Gty was less than our original VE cost - so had the TA change it. I think we must have just lucked into a sale or something that day, because it's not cheaper now. In fact, at one point I considered the SZ early on, but they were closed - a bunch of CAT's were closed, but have since reopened. Perhaps not selling this cruise well? All but one category are currently open.

Have always booked specific center ship SY's before - this is our first foray into letting Holland America choose.

No matter what - we'll be happy with whatever we get! Now, let's hope the tell us where we're staying. ( I know - it's just under two months away - I have to wait:) )

Archived