Booking Precruise Hotel on Priceline

kerri1jill

My question is has anyone booked a hotel on priceline for their precruise hotel? We are travelling in a group of 4 people and will be getting into Miami late in the evening, and then going to the ship in the morning so we planned on only getting one room. (We can stand each other for one night at least). And I know priceline shows when you bid that the room will accomodate at least two people. Does that mean the hotel will not allow you to have anymore than two stay in a room? We are trying to save the money.

My question is has anyone booked a hotel on priceline for their precruise hotel? We are travelling in a group of 4 people and will be getting into Miami late in the evening, and then going to the ship in the morning so we planned on only getting one room. (We can stand each other for one night at least). And I know priceline shows when you bid that the room will accomodate at least two people. Does that mean the hotel will not allow you to have anymore than two stay in a room? We are trying to save the money.

Sometimes the hotel will give you a room with a king bed which would not accomodate 4 of you.

We were in the same situation: 4 adults travelling - one night precruise. We figured we would just suck it up and one couple would sleep on the floor if the hotel wasn't willing to switch us to a room that would accommodate us. Not a big deal. But we bid 3 or 3 1/2 * on Priceline in the MIA area and got a deal for $47 at the Staybridge Suites and each room has at least a queen bed and a pullout sofa. We did call up there and were told we could change it to two double beds for an additional $25, but figured the pullout would work.

I guess that was a lot of unnecessary information, but pretty much we lucked out. Your other option would be to go ahead and book and after you receive the confirmation number, you can call the hotel and see if they can change your reservation to another room or if you can pay to upgrade.

Just ask when you check in. Have done that several times and the hotel has been very accomodating. The last time we sailed out of Miami we asked for a room with a view. Got a corner room with floor to ceiling windows looking right out to the Port. Just ask NICELY! And yes we had 2 couples.

you can always do what we do in a pinch and take the mattress off the bed and put it on the floor two on the mattress and two on the box springs..one night won;t kill ya and it will make quite a funny story to tell your new tablemates at dinner :)

Thanks.... Yea, I don't care if I have to sleep on the floor, no problem. Just wanted to make sure the hotel wasn't going to make us get a second room. Can't see spending that kind of money for about 12 hours at the most for two rooms.

I have been trying to bid pretty cheap for 3-1/2 to 4 star in Downtown Miami with no luck. But I am starting to try the 3 star, because after I read the reviews most of the 3 star in downtown Miami on Priceline are pretty high end hotels anyway. We aren't going until January, so the hotels may not feel like they need to give on prices yet. Or does that normally matter?

Thanks.... Yea, I don't care if I have to sleep on the floor, no problem. Just wanted to make sure the hotel wasn't going to make us get a second room. Can't see spending that kind of money for about 12 hours at the most for two rooms.

I have been trying to bid pretty cheap for 3-1/2 to 4 star in Downtown Miami with no luck. But I am starting to try the 3 star, because after I read the reviews most of the 3 star in downtown Miami on Priceline are pretty high end hotels anyway. We aren't going until January, so the hotels may not feel like they need to give on prices yet. Or does that normally matter?

In many people's experience, as long as there is not a major event going on, the closer you wait until the dates of stay, the better chance you have of getting a lower price. I see a lot of people bidding WAY, WAY out and getting rooms for what they think is a good price. But honestly, if you're just patient, you'll more than likely get comparable rooms, maybe even at the same place, for less than what they paid.

For my upcoming Enchantment cruise, I bid on June 20th for my September 4th stay in Ft Lauderdale. June 20th was the first time I tried for the Sept 4th date, and it took two bids that night, but my price of $59 was accepted; I was awarded the 4* Renaissance Downtown Ft Lauderdale.

Archived