What do you want to know about Oasis of the Seas AND Turku, Finland?

I knew I wasn't imagining things. I had thought that Oasis of Dreams was a classy almost broadway like show while Splish Splash was a comedy show. Maybe they realized that they could not get everyone into two shows in one week so they merged them into one show or possibly Splish Splash was meant for Allure and they just didn't clarify clearly.

I was kind of looking foreword to Splish Splash more than the other. Oasis of Dreams has nice stylized diving but Splish Splash was almost like stunt diving.

BOTH shows will have incredible 'stunt' diving. Splish Splash is shorter, geared more toward the kids ... Oasis of Dreams is the big show.

Carolyn, Is there some place I can find out if the comedy show is the same every night? Also where can I find out what time the shows that do not require resv. are. My cruise is in feb and cruise enhancements will not give me any info yet, I am not sure I could even get it there.

Thanks for your help I enjoyed reading this thread I did skip through some of it, if this question was asked before I am sorry to have asked it again.

Thanks Janet

Carolyn, thank you for posting this message board for those of us who cannot get enough of the Oasis pre-information. That carosel really looks like something I want to try if all the kids aboard will give us adult time. Maybe I will have to adopt a child just for a chance.

Irene & Miles

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just off the Liberty of the Seas last week.

Paul with SAS Shuttle mentioned that the Oasis must load luggage and cruisers onto barges to transport from the pier to the ship at embarkation.

He metioned that while dredging they hit a reef that is too shallow for the Oasis to make it to the pier.

Is this true?

Just off the Liberty of the Seas last week.

Paul with SAS Shuttle mentioned that the Oasis must load luggage and cruisers onto barges to transport from the pier to the ship at embarkation.

He metioned that while dredging they hit a reef that is too shallow for the Oasis to make it to the pier.

Is this true?

Are you talking about Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale). If so, I believe we would have heard about something like this long ago and it would indicate a very poor performance by those responsible for vetting the port and its capability to handle Oasis and Allure. Check out the ship's draft and it should be readily evident whether or not it exceeds the drafts of their other ships to the extent that docking at the pier would be difficult or impossible.

Hi, Can anyone confirm for sure if the Oasis will only dock Starboard side? I have that there are only gangway doors on the Starboard side. Is this 100% the case?

Thank you

This just does not seem to be very logical and I am not sure why the designers would build in such a limitation. I doubt that this is the case.:rolleyes:

Does anyone know when the Oasis will pull into Port Everglades for her first sailing?

I will be coming back off my Freedom cruise on Sunday November 29th and wonder if she will already be there?

Thanks

Does Freedom not sail from Port Canaveral (Orlando) now, Oasis is to sail from Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) and she will be docked there on 29th November for a 1 night cruise to nowhere...............

Hope that helps...

RICH.........................

Does Freedom not sail from Port Canaveral (Orlando) now, Oasis is to sail from Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) and she will be docked there on 29th November for a 1 night cruise to nowhere...............

Hope that helps...

RICH.........................

Sorry - I am on the Carnival Freedom. I am very anxious to see the new Oasis.

Thanks for the heads up.

Rich

Forgive me if this has been raised before now (I have been away from CC for a few months) but do you know if there are any plans for Oasis to call into Southampton on a PR/Press opportunity on her way to FLL from Norway?

Cheers

KEV

Hi Kev, unfortunatly the answer is no, at this time last year there was a rumour that she may and she was registered with Southampton docks to spend a couple of nights there, but thats no longer the case.:mad:

I think the nearest we will see her is when she passes Dover around the 5/6 Nov. Her track will be to the French side abit but if the weather is clear and good binocs she might be seen...:cool:

You could also follow here on www.marinetraffic.com.. I have zooomed in on Turku, Finland to the ship yard already but she is not "transmitting yet" to pick her out. Prehaps when she leaves the yard on Oct 30th and then goes under the Storbelt Bridge on the Nov 3...all good stuff...

Hope that helps..........

RICH..................

• 2 weeks later...

Archived