What do you want to know about Oasis of the Seas AND Turku, Finland?

Those blue glass doors are already opened and folded back against the divider to open all the balconies to each other, probably to necessitate outfitting of the staterooms. You close them by opening them and pulling them back toward the railing. You can see the latches in the middle on the edge of the glass. I prefer they would come on down to the floor of the balcony. Someone could snatch your clothing or towels, etc. just by reaching under the divider:(

Who's going to take someone's wet bathing suit from their balcony? Does this really happen? Or does paranoia just run really deep?

In any case, you're never supposed to leave any flamable material on the balcony. This is how the fire on the Star Princess. One person was killed. Many millions of dollars in damage.

Obviously, people shouldn't be throwing their cigarettes off their balconies, but you should still never, ever leave anything flamable on the balcony. This is clearly stated, and it's sad if people have not learned the lesson from earlier fires.

The best place to dry clothes is on a hangar in your closet. The A/C takes the moisture out of the air. The humid ouside air is not a good place to dry things.

These are probably not much different than junior suites on existing ships, but I really loved this one! Plenty of space, extra long balcony, bathtub in the bathroom and walk in closet.

Oasis-junior-suite-boards-1.jpg

Oasis-junior-suite-boards-2.jpg

Oasis-junior-suite-boards-3.jpg

One thing that does look different on these JS pics is the curtain by the bed....it looks like there might be a track to close it accross the room. What do you all think?

LOL -- yes, let's get back to the topic!

Stay tuned today -- have lots more photos to share and some great info...will probably take me through tomorrow to get it all up here....

Carolyn

O thank you so much cruise police:rolleyes::rolleyes:Originally Posted by ehfl

The fewer paranoid people taking cruises,,,this subject seems to be on your mind a lot.

O.K. back to the topic...any more pictures Carolyn?

With regard to question I asked about Chef's Table...found out today it will not just be for suite guests,it will be open to all passengers who want to pay the $70 per person.(with limit of 14 people)

It will be located in the upper level of the Concierge Lounge.

Also I read in the same report, (though not quite sure what it means) :confused:

"Separately, Royal Caribbean has developed a ‘Mix and Match’ menu for the Concierge Lounge that features different types of items at the passenger’s choice presented on a single plate."

Thank You Carolyn,

You have done a marvelous job on all the information you have given us but has anyone asked about who the Godmother will be for the Oasis of the Seas?

I love reading this thread, thank your again.....

Carol:)

oasis-boardwalk-balcony-view-boards-3.jpg

Take a close look at the pix above.....Is it just me or does it appear that there may be neon lighting under that huge rear wing as well as underneath the boardwalk balconies on the left hand side:confused:

I definitely see it under the rear bridge but I can't find anything under the balconies. That doesn't mean it's not there though, I may just be missing it.

Apologies for delay in posting. Got pulled on to Princess romance contest tasks that were due today (really cool contest by the way, people wrote on a thread about their romantic stories on Princess and the winner gets a free cruise, the stories were so heartwarming and inspiring!). Have to finish one thing and then I'm coming on over here for the rest of the day, promise.

Carolyn

Me starting to think that Carolyn's computer crashed:p

Hi, Carol. I've asked, they won't tell (yet!).

Carolyn

Thank You Carolyn,

You have done a marvelous job on all the information you have given us but has anyone asked about who the Godmother will be for the Oasis of the Seas?

I love reading this thread, thank your again.....

Carol:)

Liz, re mix'n'match, I didn't write that, did I? I've lost track of what I've told y'all and what I haven't, LOL.

The concierge lounge menu is just for concierge lounge guests and it's basically the stuff you can order, if you have access -- and this is nothing to do with Chef's Table -- as a suite guest. It's open for breakfast and lunch and I believe cocktail hour....

Carolyn

With regard to question I asked about Chef's Table...found out today it will not just be for suite guests,it will be open to all passengers who want to pay the $70 per person.(with limit of 14 people)

It will be located in the upper level of the Concierge Lounge.

Also I read in the same report, (though not quite sure what it means) :confused:

"Separately, Royal Caribbean has developed a ‘Mix and Match’ menu for the Concierge Lounge that features different types of items at the passenger’s choice presented on a single plate."

Has anybody seen this video WOW!!!!!!!!

I've seen this before...but it does bring to mind that the show schedule for Aquatheater that is now out, does not reflect what this video says. According to the video, there are 2 shows...Splish Splash and a Diving show. The schedule is different with only one show Oasis of Dreams.

oasis-boardwalk-balcony-view-boards-3.jpg

Take a close look at the pix above.....Is it just me or does it appear that there may be neon lighting under that huge rear wing as well as underneath the boardwalk balconies on the left hand side:confused:

Looks a little too thick to be neon lighting... and just a really weird place to put neon, Attracting attention toward the underside of a piece of steel.

Once again the theater technician in me says that those may also have to do with the aquatheater shows (maybe pipes to hang lights on)?

Hard to say at this point... maybe someone in the know could provide some insight.

I've seen this before...but it does bring to mind that the show schedule for Aquatheater that is now out, does not reflect what this video says. According to the video, there are 2 shows...Splish Splash and a Diving show. The schedule is different.

I knew I wasn't imagining things. I had thought that Oasis of Dreams was a classy almost broadway like show while Splish Splash was a comedy show. Maybe they realized that they could not get everyone into two shows in one week so they merged them into one show or possibly Splish Splash was meant for Allure and they just didn't clarify clearly.

I was kind of looking foreword to Splish Splash more than the other. Oasis of Dreams has nice stylized diving but Splish Splash was almost like stunt diving.

I knew I wasn't imagining things. I had thought that Oasis of Dreams was a classy almost broadway like show while Splish Splash was a comedy show. Maybe they realized that they could not get everyone into two shows in one week so they merged them into one show or possibly Splish Splash was meant for Allure and they just didn't clarify clearly.

I was kind of looking foreword to Splish Splash more than the other. Oasis of Dreams has nice stylized diving but Splish Splash was almost like stunt diving.

Maybe Splish Splash will be earlier in the day and will not require a ticket/pre-reservation.

Here are some shots of Oasis' balcony cabins. This one happens to look out of the exterior (i.e. a normal balcony on a ship!), but regardless of whether you're in a standard balcony on the Boardwalk, Central Park or exterior, they all are identical.

They're very nice -- pillowtop beds that convert from twin to double and that are outfitted with nice, crisp, crinkly sheets. There's a vanity and a love seat/sitting area. Color scheme is really restful, blues and greens. A couple of interesting details: there's this odd (but probably useful) sort of magazine rack affixed to the wall at the entry. It's a good place I guess to store your daily programs and such.

Oasis-standard-cabin-boards-2.jpg

Oasis-standard-cabin-boards-3.jpg

Photos are courtesy of Teijo Niemela, publisher of Cruise Business Review.

Interesting that the regular Balcony rooms have not been totally redesigned.

Look pretty much the same as current layouts. Not a bad thing.

Just surprising when compared to the the loft suites pic shown in the PR announcements prior.

Today is AquaTheater day. The views that follow are of, more or less, from either the Aquatheater Suite on Deck 10 or the public viewing spot on Deck 9. Re: the former, the balcony on the AquaTheater suite is HUGE, and wraps around the side of the ship so you have the action of the theater view, but can also find more peace and quiet if you're sitting and looking out from the side.

oasis-aquathater-view-boards-2.jpg

oasis-aquatheater-view-boards-3.jpg

Archived