What do you want to know about Oasis of the Seas AND Turku, Finland?

RCI is phasing out art auctions! Well, on Oasis of the Seas anyway.

There will be no controversial art auctions, but there will be an art gallery which will sell work from artists.

We are told there will be a wide range of art available -- from originals to postcards.

This is the best news ever........with all the folks that have been taken a chance on bidding on art work that they know NOTHING about plus don't realize that they are bidding against someone who is suppose to drive up the price we think this is Good Press for RCCL and hope they'll kick them off of the rest of their ships........

• Administrators

Hi Folks!

We had a slight technical glitch on this thread, so if you have set up a NOTIFICATION to receive new posts, please do so again.

Thanks, and we're sorry for any inconvenience,

Laura

Hi Lynda...not much to see yet, but this top photo is the one Carolyn was referring to.

Thanks honey bunny!! My sister is so excited, she won't find out where the ceremony will be held until 2 weeks before the date.....she and her fiance are driving down to FLL to tour the ship and select up to 3 sites but no guarantee that they'll get it.

Lynda

Hi Folks!

We had a slight technical glitch on this thread, so if you have set up a NOTIFICATION to receive new posts, please do so again.

Thanks, and we're sorry for any inconvenience,

Laura

I was wondering what happened. I've had this thread open for days and I refreshed and suddenly it was gone. I refound it from a link on the picture page that was posted earlier today.

Carolyn we really like how they've changed the closet/bathroom config........is this the same for Central Park/Boardwalk/Balcony cabins?

We hated having to mess with all the door situation on the other ships....it seemed like when the closet doors where open the other was coming out or trying to do into the bathroom.......

We did like the way Caribbean Princess had the closet which made a little dressing area and you weren't standing right in the hallway :)

Also like the idea of reserving the theater seating before boarding as well....Makes a lot of sense.

These are probably not much different than junior suites on existing ships, but I really loved this one! Plenty of space, extra long balcony, bathtub in the bathroom and walk in closet.

Oasis-junior-suite-boards-1.jpg

Oasis-junior-suite-boards-2.jpg

Oasis-junior-suite-boards-3.jpg

Photos are courtesy of Teijo Niemela, publisher of Cruise Business Review.

Can't afford an AquaTheater suite (balcony shots coming later this weekend)? There are lounging areas for all on Decks 10, 12 and 14 -- check out the views! Two here, two in the next post.

aqua-theater-lounging-boards-1.jpg

aqua-theater-lounging-boards-2.jpg

Photos are courtesy of Teijo Niemela, publisher of Cruise Business Review.

Take a look at these two photos -- they're of the balcony outside one of the two loft suites. See how deep the balcony is?

www.cruisecritic.com\images\oasis-loft-suite-large.jpg

Here's one shot

www.cruisecritic.com\images\oasis-loft-suite-large2.jpg

And another

Hey Carolyn, are these two photos of the two sides of the corner loft suite?

These are probably not much different than junior suites on existing ships, but I really loved this one! Plenty of space, extra long balcony, bathtub in the bathroom and walk in closet.

Oasis-junior-suite-boards-1.jpg

Oasis-junior-suite-boards-2.jpg

Oasis-junior-suite-boards-3.jpg

Oh that is really nice......Maybe one of these days we'll get one of them.........

Did you say that all the beds now have Pillow Tops? Sure they will have to be replaced more often tho. They should still be pretty good by our cruise in Sept 2010 tho. :)

Can't afford an AquaTheater suite (balcony shots coming later this weekend)? There are lounging areas for all on Decks 10, 12 and 14 -- check out the views! Two here, two in the next post.

aqua-theater-lounging-boards-1.jpg

aqua-theater-lounging-boards-2.jpg

Do you mean decks 11, 12, and 14? Deck 10 has a suite.

--If you don't want to miss a show on Oasis, then you can reserve seats for the entertainment! You can do it pre-cruise, online or onboard at the ship's box office. Entry is still free though.

So much for sponteneity (sp?). Also, so much for equal opportunity for everyone - I'm sure suite/Diamond++/etc. will get priorty/better/etc. seats, so all those poor slobs on their first cruise in an interior cabin will get shafted. No thanks.

So much for sponteneity (sp?). Also' date=' so much for equal opportunity for everyone - I'm sure suite/Diamond++/etc. will get priorty/better/etc. seats, so all those poor slobs on their first cruise in an interior cabin will get shafted. No thanks.[/quote']

:) Oh, I thought it would be the other way around so that EVERYONE would get a chance for nice seats.....

They reserv some of the center seats now for those that are paying more for their cabins so I wouldn't think it would be any different.

The theater is rather large and good viewing from any seat....maybe they should think about putting in a jumbo TV for those that might be sitting in the nose bleed area tho :eek:

Do you mean decks 11, 12, and 14? Deck 10 has a suite.

Hi Carolyn, We are in 11729, right next to the glass widows, what is on the other side of the windows? I can see the oppisite cabin that I am in but just curios what those windows are for, I hope it is my TV Room? HA HA! :)

Mike B.

Thank you. :)

Oh my, the closets in a standard balcony look like those on the Celebrity Solstice.... very hard to get into with the sofa there. The bathrooms also look pretty small. I wonder what the difference there is between the D1 and D8 would be? We got the D1 hope all the rooms aren't alike like the Solstice, with only the bathroom configeration different. We did a cabin crawl and found out the differences of the different cabins. Thanks for posting the pictures of the Oasis.

Irene & Miles

Archived