What do you want to know about Oasis of the Seas AND Turku, Finland?

The bathrooms are definitely different (in fact we saw these identical mock-ups when we went to the cabin factory north of here a few years back). They're bigger -- but that means the bathroom wall curves out into the hallway. As a result, closets are not lining the hallway but face you in the room (similar to Celebrity Solstice/Equinox). Bathrooms are definitely more roomy, and are shower only.

oasis-standard-bathroom-boards.jpg

Oasis-standard-cabin-closet-boards.jpg

Hmmm... Safe is located in the closet. Could this be another "Solstice" situation ???

Just judging from the photos & Carolyn's assessment, I'm thinking I like the layout of the bathrooms. As a pretty big guy myself, it will be nice to have another sq ft or so to move around in. (Our last cruise was on the Monarch -- Boy, those bathrooms were a tight fit for a 250 lb + guy!) :D

The cabins look the same as Solstice/Equinox, BUT does the bed alternate window/bathroom from cabin to cabin.

I have 6596 D1 and I hope the bed is next to bathroom.

RICH.........................................

Hmmm... Safe is located in the closet. Could this be another "Solstice" situation ???

YEP....:eek:. On Equinox the safe was moved to the cabinet above the mini bar and so much better.

Bed by the window causes the "couch" to be in the way of the closet and cuts down on space!!!! Carolyn this is superbly illustrated on your photo... just hope I choose the right cabin..............:confused:

RICH..............................

The cabins look the same as Solstice/Equinox, BUT does the bed alternate window/bathroom from cabin to cabin.

Hi Rich

I actually prefer the set up in the pic...bed at balcony..that way when you come into cabin you (or friends) can sit down on the sofa instead of having to go past end of the beds..if it is like Equinox there aint much room between end of beds and walls.:eek:

Also easier to dump stuff in cupboard rather than dropping it on the bed :o when you first enter cabin.

Oh I hope they havent got those duh tap over bathroom sink like on EQ...'how to lose teeth easily or bump head'.

Apologies for the sodden sky -- I'm sure the view from the Central Park cabins is better when the sky is blue! But this gives you an idea.

Again, remember that all the standard balcony cabins are the same, regardless of locale....

oasis-central-park-balcony-view-boards.jpg

Oasis-central-park-boards-2.jpg

Oasis-central-park-boards-3.jpg

Photos are courtesy of Teijo Niemela, publisher of Cruise Business Review.

Are these pictures somewhere else on the site, or will they be? I like reading through the posts, but my husband doesn't have the patience for that. :)

Hi Van,

We've compiled most of the photos from the thread onto a single page so you can check out everything at once:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=998

Scrolling down the page, you really get a sense of Carolyn's story, from first sighting to royal visitors to boat tour to finally getting onboard.

Stay tuned for more photo stuff next week.

I am a little disappointed about the beach pool. I assumed it had the beach entry to it, like pools at home where you just walk into the water. In the photo it looks like there is a lip to the pool that one can sit on and you'd have to step over to enter the pool...oh well:(

The other burning question I'd like to know is about Solarium. What type of pools and photos if possible. Thanks Carolyn.

LOL I was thinking about this when I was posting the photos and I don't recall. Will ask some colleagues. I don't actually thing they do alternate cause I'm sure I would have noticed it, but let me check.

Carolyn

The colors do look very pretty and restful, and I like the design of the carpeg (as much of this as I could see). Good choices by RCI.

I'm just wondering where they took space from in my lowly Category Q inside cabin--could my bathroom be smaller? Am I going to be hanging from the chandeliers?

Except for my first cruise, wisely taken on Explorer, the biggest ship at that time, I have NEVER anticipated a cruise as much as this one!

Carolyn, love the pics of the Carousel! I believe it's made by the same company as one here on LI which has just been refurbished and reopened, and it is an amazing piece of artwork.

I work for Nassau County and I can confirm that Carousel Works, which did such an amazing job restoring Nunley's Carousel is the same company that built this new beauty.

The Boardwalk and Central Park cabins are a bit like glorified Promenade view cabins (though the higher up, the more sky you see, which is not something that can be said for the promenade cabins on Voyager and Freedom-class ships).

oasis-boardwalk-balcony-view-boards-1.jpg

oasis-boardwalk-balcony-view-boards-2.jpg

oasis-boardwalk-balcony-view-boards-3.jpg

Photos are courtesy of Teijo Niemela, publisher of Cruise Business Review.

Hi, Liz, I'm fuzzy on where the lounge is -- believe the suite lounge is way up top somewhere and the C&A lounge is on Royal Prom. But not sure, will check....

Carolyn

The CL entrance is on deck 11 and looks to have a spiral staircase that takes you to a second floor on deck 12.

Archived