What do you want to know about Oasis of the Seas AND Turku, Finland?

Here is another pic of the stair wells:

18124-20_DK_7_Fwd_view_%20from_Helicopter_deck.jpg

And here is the final picture. It is a nice over head that shows those stair wells and you can clearly see that the deck goes flat into the steel structure allowing no other place for you to enter but from those stairs.

article-1088688-028CFA04000005DC-823_634x597.jpg

The thing that I do not understand is the reason for the spiral stairs and the straight ones. They even seem close together.

I guess with all the extra crew they needed more room than in the past. It seems like a bad view though for the people on deck 7. They are nearly at deck level so when the crew is out there they are looking right at each other and then things like those railings around the stair opening have to be ruining the view they have.

Thanks for this great information and pictures- so I figured that there will be the lifeboats in exactly the same way as they are on the Solstice Class of ships. So no longer views from the Prommenade Deck. A shame but I guess thats because of the new Rules.

Hi Carolyn -

Thanks for all the updates ... I'm wondering if you could ask about Allure. I'm curious about if they've made any modifications to Allure that are a result of findings during any of the construction/testing of Oasis?

Thanks!

David

And here is the final picture. It is a nice over head that shows those stair wells and you can clearly see that the deck goes flat into the steel structure allowing no other place for you to enter but from those stairs.

The thing that I do not understand is the reason for the spiral stairs and the straight ones. They even seem close together.

I guess with all the extra crew they needed more room than in the past. It seems like a bad view though for the people on deck 7. They are nearly at deck level so when the crew is out there they are looking right at each other and then things like those railings around the stair opening have to be ruining the view they have.

I would be very interested to find out for sure if the helipad will be open to the public. It looks like it may be, with the staircase and railings, but who knows.

LOL! Great minds think alike....I went back and was checking some of these same pictures. I'm confused about this helipad....there really would be no point or benefit for crew to be able to access the helipad exclusively (i.e., there are no loungers, etc. for them to relax and unwind). Hopefully, the area will be open to passengers to use.:cool::)

Hi, DEIx15x8 -- thanks for the photos and commentary, both terrific!

Carolyn

Hi, DEIx15x8 -- thanks for the photos and commentary, both terrific!

Carolyn

No problem. Can't wait to see what they let you see tomorrow. Unfortunately I'm going to be stuck waiting extra long to find out as I have classes from noon till 9 EST tomorrow. :mad:

Here's some information for you live from our tour of Oasis:

--Oasis of the Seas will have the first ever Coach Boutique at sea selling ladies purses! Pretty exciting!

--On the Royal Promenade, there is a new Cupcake Cupboard which will sell cupcakes and host baking workshops! Sure this will be popular!

--A third store is Candy Beach on the boardwalk. This isn't the first at sea, MSC Fantasia and MSC Splendida already have them, but it's still fun!

Hi Carolyn

Whats it like onboard for the tour today....is it 'wowoowow' and 'oooooohhhh' and 'geeeeeeee' and 'heck' and 'what' and 'how did they do that' and 'OMG' and 'hair raising' and 'exciting' and 'mindblowing' and 'awesome' and 'oh can I can round again' ? :D:D:D

Thanks to every one for the photos and all the updates. I am looking forward to August and seeing the ship. I'm hoping to see or hear something about the Crown Loft Suites. I am rather new to this. My DH has been on 6 cruises and 3 have been with RCI ,I have only been on 2 and only 1 was with RCI. We are hoping to go on many more and with the help of CC I'll be more informed.

RCI's Richard Fain was asked which standard balcony cabin is your favorite? Choices are boardwalk seaview or central park.

Fain is silent for a second, either he cannot or will not show favoritism...

Then Fain answers quickly: "I can't tell."

I guess cruise line executives get used to top suites... :)

Awesome pictures!.... I'm even more excited now about my cruise in June 12, 2010. I loved the baby blue color in the hull of the ship. It's bigger than what I expected when I saw the video. I can't wait until there's pics of the cabins especially the aqua theater suite cabins! Just can't wait!:) Thanks

--Oasis cost 1 billion Euros to build. RCI's Richard Fain won't say how long it will be to make the money back.

--The crew on Oasis will be staffed 95 percent by existing staff. To maintain stability, each ship in the fleet will give up no more than nine percent of staff.

--Oasis cost 1 billion Euros to build. RCI's Richard Fain won't say how long it will be to make the money back.

Holy cow!

1,000,000,000.00 EUROS = 1,422,607,356.60 USD

Its hard to imagine that this is a profitable venture,,, WOW

This is such a great trip for you. Enjoy every moment!!

Would love to know what you think about the Boardwalk View balconies as to whether it is better to be at the next to lowest (9) or highest (14) deck. Probably pros and cons of each but those are the only 2 levels open to us right now.

Archived