What do you want to know about Oasis of the Seas AND Turku, Finland?

Too funny, Tyron, the whole time I was focusing on the balconies on the shipyard boat tour I was wondering: Do they slide or open outright! Thanks for putting that buzz in my head, LOL.

I don't have an answer as none of the shipyard workers who, presumably were on the midnight shift, were coming and going from the verandahs. But I promise to check it out over the next two days.

One thing I did notice is that some cabins have clearly been installed (see cabin factory story in shipyard snapshots section of Cruise Critic if you're not sure what I am talking about) because you can see curtains. So homey! In others, there was a construction light overhead (you know the kind, all basic) that illuminated empty space.

My, I have to say that the 30 minutes we spent trawling the water up and around Oasis of the Seas was like 7 seconds in real time. It went so fast. I want to go and do it again!!!

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn, I'm thoroughly enjoying your reports! :D:D

If you have an opportunity would you let us know if the balcony (ocean view) doors still "slide" open. Thank you! :cool::D

If you get to check out any of the first balconies (we have room #9132) can you find out what will be at the end. On the Voyager class they were internal so it was a metal wall. On the Freedom class they had nice curved glass. On the Oasis class it is still not know (nothing is installed yet). They have a long railing glass curve to the ship but nothing that blocks the wind. I hope it's glass and not just a standard wall (as the concept picture shows).

attachment.php?attachmentid=129879&stc=1&d=1251320013

Voyager of the Seas

attachment.php?attachmentid=129878&stc=1&d=1251319923

Freedom of the Seas

attachment.php?attachmentid=129880&stc=1&d=1251320145

Oasis of the Seas

I have no clue. That is hard to admit. Will ask. Thanks, Kathy.

Carolyn

I got your back here! Its there because the lifeboats will be right behind the 'shell' or what ever its called the lifeboats will stick outside of the ship so this adds a little better look to it and it helps with the wind and aerodynamics. Maybe this picture will help. I know there is a video online talking about this.

Oasis-of-the-Seas.jpg

Hi Carolyn!

Thanks so much for the awesome updates.

Can you please get some info on the sky loft suites. I'm guessing that since there are only two and each will have a slightly different layout, there is no info on them. It would be great to know the layout of both of the two suites.

Thanks again!

Carolyn your live reports has really caused all of us to become even more excited.....if that's even possible. LOL Have a great time! :D:cool::D

The exterior is looking really good now that the windows and balconies are "exposed.":D:D:D

I got your back here! Its there because the lifeboats will be right behind the 'shell' or what ever its called the lifeboats will stick outside of the ship so this adds a little better look to it and it helps with the wind and aerodynamics. Maybe this picture will help. I know there is a video online talking about this.

Oasis-of-the-Seas.jpg

Yup! I just checked out the video and it shows the funny bump! thank you! :D

The first shot looks at the front of the Viking Crown lounge and, I think, below that is one level of the Loft Suites. The upper levels have sheeting over them (interestingly, same thing applies to loft suites that run around the back -- you can't see anything cause they're covered. The second shot is a close up. You still can't see much!

oasis-draping-first.jpg

oasis-draping.jpg

Photos are courtesy of Teijo Niemela, publisher of Cruise Business Review.

The first shot looks at the front of the Viking Crown lounge and, I think, below that is one level of the Loft Suites. The upper levels have sheeting over them (interestingly, same thing applies to loft suites that run around the back -- you can't see anything cause they're covered. The second shot is a close up. You still can't see much!

oasis-draping-first.jpg

oasis-draping.jpg

Those shots make the Windjammer look like it's going to be huge.

This boat trip is put on just for people who want to see a cruise ship in the process of being built! And the handful of folks on our trip were definitely as excited as we were to see Oasis of the Seas. One older man, from Denmark, was on the boat tour with his family -- he'd worked at the yard for 25 years and wanted to see it.

During the whole lead up to arriving at the ship area, he just sat there with his eyes closed and then, once we were within sight, was literally vibrating with excitement.

oasis-boat-trip-2.jpg

Photo is courtesy of Teijo Niemela, publisher of Cruise Business Review.

Carolyn,

First, THANKS for the pictures and info!!

I'm interested in what kind of views there will be from the aft Boardwalk balconies? From all the pics it seems like a great view of not only the Boardwalk area, but of the Aquatheater and the ocean!

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

It's going to be the most exciting part of the ship, I have a feeling, and is home to everything from the AquaTheater to the Boardwalk neighborhood (with recreation facilities like the carousel, zipline and rock-climbing walls).

oasis-of-the-seas-stern.jpg

oasis-of-the-seas-stern-2.jpg

It's going to be the most exciting part of the ship, I have a feeling, and is home to everything from the AquaTheater to the Boardwalk neighborhood (with recreation facilities like the carousel, zipline and rock-climbing walls).

oasis-of-the-seas-stern.jpg

oasis-of-the-seas-stern-2.jpg

Thanks! Tomorrow do you think you can ask about the space right under the top Oasis Of The Seas title? There are some windows and im wondering if guests will be able to view the show from that area.

We got a chance to get up close and personal with Oasis' aft section on our way out -- can you see that the hull is painted baby blue?

That's a first in the fleet (all others are white) and Teijo and I both remember hearing Harri Kulovaara Royal Caribbean's EVP maritime chief, tell us why (there's a good reason) in a presentation last March in London, but neither of us can remember the rationale. We'll find out tomorrow, I'm sure.

Thanks for all your questions -- I'll be in touch tomorrow. Goodbye to Oasis of the Seas for now!

oasis-departure-1.jpg

oasis-departure-2.jpg

oasis-departure-3.jpg

oasis-departure-4.jpg

Thanks! Tomorrow do you think you can ask about the space right under the top Oasis Of The Seas title? There are some windows and im wondering if guests will be able to view the show from that area.

That area is a multipurpose off limits area. It is storage for the sports deck as well as the wipe out cafe (I think that was the name). It is also where some of the lights and lasers for the aquatheater are. That is why they have windows there. The actual controlling of the show won't take place there though, that will happen in the windowed overhang area directly above each rock wall.

We got a chance to get up close and personal with Oasis' aft section on our way out -- can you see that the hull is painted baby blue?

That's a first in the fleet (all others are white) and Teijo and I both remember hearing Harri Kulovaara Royal Caribbean's EVP maritime chief, tell us why (there's a good reason) in a presentation last March in London, but neither of us can remember the rationale. We'll find out tomorrow, I'm sure.

Thanks for all your questions -- I'll be in touch tomorrow. Goodbye to Oasis of the Seas for now!

oasis-departure-1.jpg

oasis-departure-2.jpg

oasis-departure-3.jpg

oasis-departure-4.jpg

If I remember correctly it had something to do with the ships not looking white since the blue water reflects off the hull causing them to get a shaded color. The blue color is supposed to look better when the blue caribbean water reflects off of it. They are basically trying to control the color that is caused by the reflection.

I'm curious if they are going to go back and make the others match Oasis. Voyager goes into dry dock in January so that may the first to get the new paint.

The Oasis is looking awesome! The baby blue and white mesh together well (at least in the pics:D).

Carolyn one additional question from me....will you please find out if the helipad will be accessible to passengers like it is on the Radiance/Voyager/Freedom class ships. It's one of my favorite areas. :cool::)

The Oasis is looking awesome! The baby blue and white mesh together well (at least in the pics:D).

Carolyn one additional question from me....will you please find out if the helipad will be accessible to passengers like it is on the Radiance/Voyager/Freedom class ships. It's one of my favorite areas. :cool::)

Your not alone on that one. I think it's everyones favorite place, lol. It's a shame the pictures say it's off limits but who knows. Maybe if RCCL gets asked enough they will change it.

Your not alone on that one. I think it's everyones favorite place, lol. It's a shame the pictures say it's off limits but who knows. Maybe if RCCL gets asked enough they will change it.

Hey, how goes it? :cool::D I agree....I hope it's open to the public...I must've missed the pic/post where it stated it would be closed.:(

I'm also curious about the area directly above the bridge (outside the Adventure Ocean area)....that looks like a great place for viewing sailaway, etc.

Hey, how goes it? :cool::D I agree....I hope it's open to the public...I must've missed the pic/post where it stated it would be closed.:(

I'm also curious about the area directly above the bridge (outside the Adventure Ocean area)....that looks like a great place for viewing sailaway, etc.

I went back and got together some of the photos. The area two decks lower than the bow is entirely the fitness center and spa. The area directly under the bow though is not on the deck plans. In that area the fitness/spa ends with the front of the deck above:

Picture1.png

In the concept are you can see a stair well but it lines up with the white crew area in the front (the stairs on the deck plans go down to the other level):

Picture2-1.png

Here is a picture of the model, if you look closely (it is hard to see) you can see those stair wells again and you can also see the front of the ship is back farther, thus the passenger deck below is back farther:

oasis-of-the-seas-cruise-shipping-miami.jpg

Archived