What do you want to know about Oasis of the Seas AND Turku, Finland?

You are welcome!

The balconies weren't furnished yet but I expect it'll be the usual two chairs and a small table on those in standard cabins....

Carolyn

:cool:Hi Carolyn...

Thank you very much for the great intro to the Oasis. We are booked on the February 27, 2010 in a Park Avenue balcony cabin. My question is, will these balconies have furniture on them or is there room for chairs?

Thanks again for the great reporting.

Denny

Hi, Robin. I think this will be the kind of ship that you could cruise on again and again :) There's just that much to do.

I'm also amused at the idea that people may feel like there's so much to do that even on port days a lot of folks will stay onboard....

Carolyn

Good heavens, I hope it's not as hot and crowded as the real New York Subway, and we don't need a subway map to find it!

That is definitely one of my concerns. I like getting the feel of a ship when I get onboard; usually I board early, grab lunch and they explore top to bottom. I get a kick out of knowing where I am going while DH wanders around lost all week! I just hope I can get a handle on this. I'm on Deck 10 so I figure first I'll figure out what is up and what is down and then deal.

My biggest anticipation is also my biggest concern--the entertainment. While I am blown away at all the options--considering what these things would cost while NOT cruising, it's a fabulous deal. I saw Hairspray on Broadway, and the movie and am really interested in seeing it on the ship--I love the music and storyline and am intrigued on how RC will pull it off. BUT--there's so much to do--as you mentioned, we can reserve 3 theatre shows, 1 Aquatheater show, Comedy Club, and an ice show. That alone is 6 nights....but then there's all the other stuff! It's a bit intimidating that I am going to pre-reserve all this stuff because who-knows-what I might end up with timewise otherwise, and then find out there is something I'd rather be doing at that time. Wish I could have afforded a back-to-back.....

You definitely access the cabins via a dedicated hallway that feels just like any normal hallway, best I can tell. I do think the Boardwalk neighborhood is going to be more lively (read: noisy) so if you want peace and quiet I wouldn't book a cabin there.

Also, as much as the boardwalk/Central Park concept intrigues there's not much privacy. Standing on a boardwalk balcony, it felt like a promenade view cabin (with a lot more to look at). But everyone can see you and everyone can see into your stateroom.

If you want to chill out and look at the horizon, I'd suggest a plain 'ol balcony exterior cabin ).

Our travel agent, when we booked our Central Park cabin, recommended we be on deck 10, right in the middle, not too close to the park itself and not too close to the pool deck above....

Carolyn

Thanks for the insights on the major hub decks Carolyn.

I was spoiled being on FOS deck 6 right near the stairs/elevator & could just walk 1 floor to the Promenade & still sleep in quiet.

Trying to capture that magic on Oasis could prove tricky as the neigborhoods are on more than 1 deck. & in some cases may just be down the hall way (Deck 6 & 8).

This post is a momentous milestone! Answering my last question on the Oasis shipyard trip!

We didn't get to see Dazzles, alas, but heard how gorgeous it was. Meant to include your question, AKS368, sorry about that.

Thank you all for the great questions, the terrific rapport (felt like you were on the trip with me!) and look forward to sharing more on Oasis as we get closer to launch. Hard to believe it's around the corner....

Carolyn

I've seen this before...but it does bring to mind that the show schedule for Aquatheater that is now out, does not reflect what this video says. According to the video, there are 2 shows...Splish Splash and a Diving show. The schedule is different with only one show Oasis of Dreams.

Can you tell me when I can find the show schedule?

Thanks

Mark

Carolyn,

Thank you for sharing your trip and blog with us. I posted early and although it looks like I had lost interest, I have been checking in regularly to see new pictures, comments posted in your blog, etc. Oasis of the Seas has definately perked my interest since seeing your pictures and seeing areas of the ship in it's finshed state.

How lucky were you to see it before all of us! Now I need to figure a way to be hired to Cruise Critic, so I can do the same for future new launches :)

Thanks again,

Scott

Thank you again Carolyn for your wonderful reporting...makes me want our cruise to get here faster (nothing like rushing our lives :)...oh 11/10 is sooo far away....you made it seem real tho...again thank you 'beary' much........

-Pattie

Carolyn, thank you for all of the wonderful information you provided about the Oasis. I do have a question though. When is the Oasis actually scheduled to arrive in Ft. Lauderdale? I have a cruise leaving there in mid-November. I did notice a pre-cruise on 11/19. Would a person be able to tour the ship if it is there? That would be awesome to see the ship!

Thank you!

Pat

MINI-

Were you able to find out if there will be a DVD or some TV footage of the Oasis/Allure?

Hadn't heard anything on my request about RCCL putting together a DVD of the "The World's Largest, Largest Cruise Ships":eek:.....didn't see anything posted by Carolyn either regarding that......guess we'll just have to wait and be surprised. :)

And several of the guys (and yet for women there wasn’t a peep) noted that the most fascinating thing about Oasis was how quickly the Aquatheater pool could fill and empty. It was a mechanical thing, I think :)

More later.

Carolyn

It's good to know how quickly the Aqua Theater pool drains and refills. This is VERY important to the shows as an 'accident' that might occur during passenger swim would mean the pool would have to be drained and re-filled before showtime.

Archived