Oceania Cruises Upgrades Fleet -- And Increases Gratuities

LauraS

While I do agree with Wripro, I have an additional comment. True luxury lines do not have a "class system" where certain classes are treated differently than other classes. If this is the direction Oceania is going, we will take it off of our list of cruise lines to consider.

While I do agree with Wripro, I have an additional comment. True luxury lines do not have a "class system" where certain classes are treated differently than other classes. If this is the direction Oceania is going, we will take it off of our list of cruise lines to consider.

All cruise lines have a class system in one way or another

All cruise lines have a class system in one way or another

I agree somewhat. However, on Regent, the main difference is the size of your suite and whether or not you have a butler. Also, repeat customers do have some perks like free internet. Unlike mass market cruise lines, everyone is treated the same on board. For instance, there are no areas where only people who paid for top suites can go. People who pay for the lowest category will have the same experience as those who have the Master suite.

Travelcat,

You are so correct. One of the reasons that I like sailing on Crystal is that no matter what cabin you have, once you leave it everyone is treated exactly the same, with class. There are no different dining rooms, cocktail lounges, entertainment, etc.

Only on the new larger O ship there a different lounge area for Concierge/suite passengers

The small ships you are treated the same if you have an inside or OS

No one has ever asked me what cabin I am in before they serve me

Oceania is not a Luxury line but close.

It depends on your idea of luxury

The only real difference suite passengers have on O is the opportunity to make two reservations at each alternative restaurant in advance. Otherwise everyone is treated the same way. Having a butler on O is no different from having one on R.

That's why I said Oceania does not belong on the luxury board. It is not a true luxury line, wonderful as it is. And you are paying far more for your cruise on Crystal than in the regular cabins on Oceania so an extra reservation is no big deal. And do you really think those passengers in the grand penthouse suites on Crystal don't get an extra reservation whenever they want it?

Archived