Late boarding of PG due to late arrival of plane

gerena

Those of you just returning. Our flight doesn't arrive until around 9:45 p.m. How does the PG handle that? They changed our flights! Does the ship get off by 11:00 pm. Are we up half the night getting things settled and into our room. (We leave LA at 4:30 p.m.)

Obviously if they arrange the flights, they won't leave until after you arrive. As for getting settled in your room, that's entirely up to you. You will be very tired, so get your clothes hung up, have a drink while you're watching the ship sail away (very pretty in good weather), then get some sleep so you can enjoy this wonderful time.

The ship is very relaxed so dont sweat it. Leave your clothes for the next day. I always find myself up early the first day due to the time changes. Its not likeyou wil have to wait 2 hours for your bags.

Keep in mind that the flights can be late and you can be in your room only after 12 or 1. That is why we opted to go the day before.

Unless you can sleep on the airlplane I agree that you should fly in a day or two early if possible. Many of those who arrived on the late flight were like zombies the next day and some even missed their excursion the first day. We arrived in the early morning, which has its own problems regarding what to do all day.

I've arrived early and gone to day room exhausted sort of idling away the time until boarding in the afternoon and ALSO tried arriving late and going straight to ship (they always wait for the arrival of ATN)....flying that far is always tiring but for my money I think it's better to go straight to ship and rough out the first night and next day. The waiting to board from the day room is a drag. Of course, if you have a few days it might be nice (as some suggest) to stay at a hotel and recover. :cool:

Archived