No more captain Morgan! What?!!

Cruising4me

This is really annoying. I never tried Spiced Rum until about a year ago and discovered I love it! It's my fault people. Every time I find something I love.. *POOF* It's gone! I am deeply sorry and I take 100% of the blame. I suggest you drink all of the Miami Vice's and Crown Royal you can while it's still available!

This is really annoying. I never tried Spiced Rum until about a year ago and discovered I love it! It's my fault people. Every time I find something I love.. *POOF* It's gone! I am deeply sorry and I take 100% of the blame. I suggest you drink all of the Miami Vice's and Crown Royal you can while it's still available!

LOL- well...now at least we know "why" !! ;)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Exclusivity, except that Carnival doesn't know it. They think it's still on the ships.

So far, I'm reading it's gone from the Pride, the Dream and the Freedom.

Right, it would have to be an exclusivity thing (though I don't understand what you mean by Carnival doesn't know it), and I would imagine they'd have to cut a pretty good deal to convince them to stop carrying a popular brand. I question the reports because of the business logic of it (absent a really great offer from Bacardi), not because John Heald said it.

Right, it would have to be an exclusivity thing (though I don't understand what you mean by Carnival doesn't know it), and I would imagine they'd have to cut a pretty good deal to convince them to stop carrying a popular brand. I question the reports because of the business logic of it (absent a really great offer from Bacardi), not because John Heald said it.

If they did drop captain it would be part of a beverage program negotiated by the distributors just like soda. You cant buy red bull but can buy Rockstar its negotiated fleet wide I assume

We are on the pride & effective our sailing there is no more captain Morgan being served! Carnival is replacing it with Bacardi Oak Heart as the same! Definitely not! I hope they bring it back or we will have to sale another line!

Sharon

Have been told by Carnival and their reps that this is not true. It is still on the list of rums. Do not know why they didn't have it on your cruise but they will still have it onboard Carnival ships.

Have been told by Carnival and their reps that this is not true. It is still on the list of rums. Do not know why they didn't have it on your cruise but they will still have it onboard Carnival ships.

Hopefully you're right but in the past some of those same people are the last to know. More often than not we hear it on Cruise Critic first.

I've been told by Carnival reps that this is NOT true. They will still be serving Captain Morgan. At least that's what the rep and the Senior Cruise Director told me.

All I can tell you is this, if they are telling you that I would suggest you ask them to send you a copy of the "NEW" drink menu which includes the new Hard Cider Selections. Once you see this menu you will see Capt. Morgan is not on the menu any more.

If it is supposed to be on the menu, please ask your Rep and Sr. Cruise Director to call Kirk on the Pride and ask him to report back why ALL the cruisers on the 10/13 sailing were told Capt. Morgan has been removed from the drink menu and they only serve Bacardi Oakheart.

I realize many are not aware since the drink menu is just rolling out and we were on one of the first ships with the new drink menu, but it was removed and is no longer listed. As well as all bartenders are informing guests it is no longer available. If Carnival corrected this mistake more power to them, but why would people from my cruise, the Freedom and the Dream all have reported the same thing?

I welcome and desire to be proved wrong and that Carnival will still be selling Capt. Morgan to all current and future guests.

I was on the Pride this past week also and every bar said the same thing... no more Captain Morgan. Starry Nights was the only bar that had a full bottle and said once it's gone, it's gone.

Maybe the crew have it wrong but they absoultely said this was the last cruise offering it.

John Heald wrote: "its not so mate - please post this on the cruise critic site because I spoke to the VP of Bars and he confimed that we serve and will continue to two spiced rums, Bacardi Oakheart and Captain Morgan. Whoever said we are not is wrong. The end. cheers"

I was trying to understand your post. What did the beard say?

Ok so I figured I was supposed to private message "Eddie the Beard" to get this resolved... here is the message and response:

Question to Eddie:

"It is my understanding from this Cruise Critic Thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1929952 that you and John Heald belive this to be incorrect. If this is the case, perhaps you should send a memo to your staff indicating there is a "typo" on the new menu and even though it is not listed they should stock and sell Capt. Morgan Spiced Rum. I can tell you from first hand experience i was on the Carnival Pride 10/13/2013 through 10/20/2013 and the bartenders on more than one occasion told me they were no longer selling Capt. Morgan.

Response from Eddie:

Good afternoon. I rarely check this FB account so if it ever takes me a few days to respond i am sorry. We had some issues with Captain last week it appears but all have been corrected. We do not list every spirit we carry on the menu, other examples are the various flavored rums and vodkas we carry, Hardy Cognac,etc. Captain is still available on all Carnival ships and at all bars."

So I guess now we wait to hear feedback from others on cruises this week to see how things went for them.

Ok so I figured I was supposed to private message "Eddie the Beard" to get this resolved... here is the message and response:

Question to Eddie:

"It is my understanding from this Cruise Critic Thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1929952 that you and John Heald belive this to be incorrect. If this is the case, perhaps you should send a memo to your staff indicating there is a "typo" on the new menu and even though it is not listed they should stock and sell Capt. Morgan Spiced Rum. I can tell you from first hand experience i was on the Carnival Pride 10/13/2013 through 10/20/2013 and the bartenders on more than one occasion told me they were no longer selling Capt. Morgan.

Response from Eddie:

Good afternoon. I rarely check this FB account so if it ever takes me a few days to respond i am sorry. We had some issues with Captain last week it appears but all have been corrected. We do not list every spirit we carry on the menu, other examples are the various flavored rums and vodkas we carry, Hardy Cognac,etc. Captain is still available on all Carnival ships and at all bars."

So I guess now we wait to hear feedback from others on cruises this week to see how things went for them.

Too bad he doesn't tell what the issues were. That's the part that would clear everything up.

Question to Eddie:

Response from Eddie:

Did not know the beards even had facebook pages. Thanks for the reply.

We are on the pride & effective our sailing there is no more captain Morgan being served! Carnival is replacing it with Bacardi Oak Heart as the same! Definitely not! I hope they bring it back or we will have to sale another line!

Sharon

LOL now I know where these stories get started. John Heald said to let everyone know that this is not true. too funny.

Question to Eddie:

Response from Eddie:

*fingers crossed*

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app