Ok, no alcohol, what about bottle water, soda ?

I understand that it is only legal to BYOB onboard if you don't get caught, but what about bottled water and soda in cans or bottles? Any restrictions? If it is by ship, specifically the NCL SUN?

No problem. They might say somethig if you were to bring several cases looking to open your own soda stand :D

we always buy local beer in ports and have never had a problem. Also in many of the small islands with local bottling plants, they have the old big big glass bottles of coke & pepsi that my son loves.

I guess what I'm saying is that you don't have to stock up for the entire trip when you get on.

I personally don't have any problem whatsoever with the water -drinking water- on the ship either-it tasted great!

I can't live w/o my Pepsi & they only sell coke on board. I bring 1-2 for the 1st night / morning then buy a 12 pack in port. Is it more expensive than the discount at home? sure. Does it beat not having to lug all that weight & bulk across the country for a $2 savings? Absolutely.

We recently sailed on NCL SEA and had a bunch of kids with us so we purchased soda & water before embarkement. Did not carry it across the globe with us. We are not huge soda drinkers so I ended up leaving what was left for the crew (I brought on 2 -12 packs each of soda & water) We drank more of the water than the soda and always packed a couple of water bottles for the islands. It saved a ton of money and was convenient to have at any given time without having to go and look for it.

We brought a case of water on board (missing a few bottles by time it got delivered to cabin) and two six packs of soda in our luggage and had no problems at all. Although I will say, the water on board at the self-serve beverage station was just fine.

Hello, this news is very surprizing to me as it was explained to me by NCL people that nothing could be brought aboard.. incl water. The cust svc person I spoke to said "If we don't sell it, you don't need it" so.. i am curious. I need water for many reasons. and not floridated... so I was hopin to bring a six pack .. i don't do soda per se.. but club soda do like.. how bout that.. and how do you bring it on board/ boxed.. in suit case...? wont it be confiscated? And what about Gift baskets.. do they allow outside companies send in a gift basket.. fruits.. choc.. even liquer? any body out there been there done that on this?thank you!

As I said earlier we brought on 2-12 packs of pop and the same of water. When we arrived at the dock the attendents that tag your lugguge even taged our soda cases and water cases and they were delivered to our room! Anything that had been opened beforehand (we had a case of water that was missing a few bottles) they suggested we carry on ourselves. So we threw the bottles in our carry on bags and went through security. They did check the water bottles to ensure they had not been opened. People sneak booze in water bottles. No problems with either. The room stewards kept ice in the ice bucket for our stuff. On the pool deck no one said a thing to us. Our friends were even approached to sell a 12 pack of soda. I think all the college kids were looking for mix!

As I said earlier we brought on 2-12 packs of pop and the same of water. When we arrived at the dock the attendents that tag your lugguge even taged our soda cases and water cases and they were delivered to our room! Anything that had been opened beforehand (we had a case of water that was missing a few bottles) they suggested we carry on ourselves. So we threw the bottles in our carry on bags and went through security. They did check the water bottles to ensure they had not been opened. People sneak booze in water bottles. No problems with either. The room stewards kept ice in the ice bucket for our stuff. On the pool deck no one said a thing to us. Our friends were even approached to sell a 12 pack of soda. I think all the college kids were looking for mix!

They checked your water bottles? Like actually twisted the caps? I dont want anyones grubby hands trying to open my drinks. Thats gross..

Zydeco Cruiser, I did not bring left overs off the ship... tho I have packed picnic lunches from the vast food available. and used the money to buy otherwise. On Carnival I spoke to Cust Svc who said not a problem to bring a six pack of water. So I did buy the water in shrink wrap.. and they passed it right thru.. no problem. And I did have 1 bottle left over which I forgot on board. However when I called NCL to inquire the same. I was told no.. cannot. So this thread surprized me. I was informed I would have to fax a special request to bring water on-board.. never mind any other libation. And that just faxing this request was in no way an approval of said request. When dancing I truly do enjoy water. I will consider bringing the shrink wrapped 6'er again and see what happens.

Can bottled water be purchased on board? On DCL, I was able to purchase a case of water at the begining of the trip, and by the end, we had all finished it. :cool: I know it was more expensive, but so convenient. Will I be able to do this on the Dawn?

When they checked our bottled water at security (bottles in carry on) they only looked at the cap/seals. They didn't touch the caps, twist them or anything.

I understand you can bring on wine but at a corkage fee of $10.00 per bottle. I'm a wine drinker and thought I would bring some on but if I'm paying $8.00 for a bottle plus 10.00 corkage, I can purchase wine on board starting at 18.00 bottle and the prices go up from there. NCL has the wine list on their website.

On other threads, a few posters have said it's OK to bring juice and soda on board. We are planning on bringing a couple of 6-packs of the small-sized orange juice and pineapple juice.

Will let you know if there's any problem.

Ah Greenie.. what a great idea.. There is a little juice can that I enjoy. yes i know it has a sweetener such as corn syrup in it but it is a treat!! Apricot Nectar by Kerns Libby in a mini six pack. Thankyou for such a great idea to bring a fav juice! The water I get is shrink wrapped. As for wine we live in Wine country so I think I will also pick up a bottle or two and ship to our hotel room so I don't have to put in luggage! Any one know of a company that NCL will allow gift baskets to be delivered to the ship.. I have friends who are celebrating wedding anniv.. it would be great. I looked at the list from NCL and was not impressed.

When they checked our bottled water at security (bottles in carry on) they only looked at the cap/seals. They didn't touch the caps, twist them or anything.

I understand you can bring on wine but at a corkage fee of $10.00 per bottle. I'm a wine drinker and thought I would bring some on but if I'm paying $8.00 for a bottle plus 10.00 corkage, I can purchase wine on board starting at 18.00 bottle and the prices go up from there. NCL has the wine list on their website.

Actually, the corkage fee is now $15 per bottle- new policy

Ah Greenie.. what a great idea.. There is a little juice can that I enjoy. yes i know it has a sweetener such as corn syrup in it but it is a treat!! Apricot Nectar by Kerns Libby in a mini six pack. Thankyou for such a great idea to bring a fav juice! The water I get is shrink wrapped. As for wine we live in Wine country so I think I will also pick up a bottle or two and ship to our hotel room so I don't have to put in luggage! Any one know of a company that NCL will allow gift baskets to be delivered to the ship.. I have friends who are celebrating wedding anniv.. it would be great. I looked at the list from NCL and was not impressed.

I decided to do that when I read that you couldn't order a pitcher of, say, OJ from room service. I want to make some tequila sunrises in my room ... and maybe some rum punch a la greenie ;). This way I can do so to my heart's content. I'm also bringing grenadine for the sunrises! (No alcohol in that so it'll be safe.)

About having gifts delivered from a place in NYC--problem is if you want wine or liquor as a gift, no can do. No liquor stores open on Sunday. I'd forgotten that (I am from NY, you'd think I'd have remembered). They have to deliver alcoholic items on Saturday, and there's no one there then. :o

I decided to do that when I read that you couldn't order a pitcher of, say, OJ from room service. I want to make some tequila sunrises in my room ... and maybe some rum punch a la greenie ;). This way I can do so to my heart's content. I'm also bringing grenadine for the sunrises! (No alcohol in that so it'll be safe.)

About having gifts delivered from a place in NYC--problem is if you want wine or liquor as a gift, no can do. No liquor stores open on Sunday. I'd forgotten that (I am from NY, you'd think I'd have remembered). They have to deliver alcoholic items on Saturday, and there's no one there then. :o

Hello Greenie, I was confused with your reply as I will be in NOLA for my cruise on NCL ... nov 6, 2005! I was looking to ascertain if there was a Gift company that NCL would allow to have gifts delivered to the ship. It did not have to entail alcoholic bevs but rather choc's mugs, beads, t shirts, caps, bath stuff, things like that! :D

When I cruised with Carnival there were 2 or 3 companies that they allowed to have gifts delivered to the ship for you! It was great! I sent a Mardi Gras Mug, tshirt and chocolates with beads to friends aboard ship! Would love to do same again!

As for your drinks, I was not aware that you could not get a carafe of Juice.. what just a cup at a time? Then bringing juice is just what the Dr called for! My prob is that I like Baileys and I cannot think of a way to get it on board without having it confiscated .. any ideas?:rolleyes:

Hello Greenie, I was confused with your reply as I will be in NOLA for my cruise on NCL ... nov 6, 2005! I was looking to ascertain if there was a Gift company that NCL would allow to have gifts delivered to the ship. It did not have to entail alcoholic bevs but rather choc's mugs, beads, t shirts, caps, bath stuff, things like that! :D

When I cruised with Carnival there were 2 or 3 companies that they allowed to have gifts delivered to the ship for you! It was great! I sent a Mardi Gras Mug, tshirt and chocolates with beads to friends aboard ship! Would love to do same again!

As for your drinks, I was not aware that you could not get a carafe of Juice.. what just a cup at a time? Then bringing juice is just what the Dr called for! My prob is that I like Baileys and I cannot think of a way to get it on board without having it confiscated .. any ideas?:rolleyes:

I feel a little stupid here, but ... what's (or where's?) NOLA? :confused: I bet when you tell me, I'll REALLY feel silly!

Anyway, as far as I knew, NCL allowed Bon Voyage gifts to be delivered to the ship--I hadn't heard that there were just a couple of places they allowed. I bet Shoreguy would know, though!

Shoreguy, you out there?

I feel a little stupid here, but ... what's (or where's?) NOLA? :confused: I bet when you tell me, I'll REALLY feel silly!

Anyway, as far as I knew, NCL allowed Bon Voyage gifts to be delivered to the ship--I hadn't heard that there were just a couple of places they allowed. I bet Shoreguy would know, though!

Shoreguy, you out there?

N as in New O as in Orleans ..... ;)

I think the restriction is where the company delivers not NCL. Some companies only serve Miami. I have not used an outside company for gifts but have recieved them on NCL ships.

N as in New O as in Orleans ..... ;)

I think the restriction is where the company delivers not NCL. Some companies only serve Miami. I have not used an outside company for gifts but have recieved them on NCL ships.

Ah! N'awlins! Mystery solved. Thanks. :)

Shoa.. anyway.. Shoreguy.. you say you RECEIVED gifts while a guest on a NCL cruise..? was that at a Miami port? or N'awlins.?

I would like to find a company in NOLA that delivers to cruise ships.. AND it is a company that NCL will allow gifts to be delivered to their ships in NEW ORLEANS.. LA.. anybody out there.. with info.. please help. shore guy? ... helllllllllllllllllllllp!

Archived