Sky Suite Veranda Size ?

helen haywood

How can I find out which Sky Suite verandas are the large ones and which are the smaller ones? The X website has them all looking the same... Also, is there any difference between SS Cat 1 or 2 other than which Deck the cabin is on? Otherwise is the size the same? Thanks for any help.

You probably should say which ship you are looking at, it DOES make a difference.

On the Century class ships, Century, Galaxy and Mercury, it's the top deck, Sky or Sports, Sky Suites that have the much larger balconies.

On the Millennium class it appears to be the SS cabins just before and on the wider rear section that have the larger balconies. I can't recall the term for that wider end section which is something like the Hump name for the middle section that stick out.

For the Solstice class, the S1 cabins appear to have slightly larger balconies than the S2 and are the corner units.

I am looking at both Mercury and Century. Or possibly any other Celebrity ship I might sail on. I just sailed on Mercury on Deck 12 and the Sky Suites there had varied veranda/balcony sizes. Some had much larger balconies next to a Sky Suite with a smaller balcony. That's why I wondered if there was a way to actually see which balcony was the large size and which smaller.... And on Century I was trying to see if higher deck Sky Suites had any difference in size than lower decks.

I am looking at both Mercury and Century. Or possibly any other Celebrity ship I might sail on. I just sailed on Mercury on Deck 12 and the Sky Suites there had varied veranda/balcony sizes. Some had much larger balconies next to a Sky Suite with a smaller balcony. That's why I wondered if there was a way to actually see which balcony was the large size and which smaller.... And on Century I was trying to see if higher deck Sky Suites had any difference in size than lower decks.

Mercury

• All Sky Suite balconies on the Sky Deck are quite a bit larger than those on the Penthouse Deck, even those with a cut out.
  • The deck plans accurately show which ones on Deck 12 are bigger.

Century

• The first two balconies each side (including the wheelchair accessible ones) on the Sports Deck are a different shape, but all the others are the same size.
  • They are not as big as the largest of those on Mercury, but still a good size (photos are in my signature link).
  • The Sky Suite balconies on deck 10 are now pretty much the same size as those on the Sports Deck, even though the website says some are quite a bit smaller and the deck plans indicate the same. This was changed when Century had balconies added a couple of years ago.
  • The balconies on Deck 10 are fully covered as opposed to Deck 12 which are partly open (see photos).

Hope that helps.

Phil

Thanks for all the info on the sky suites. I am to be sailing on the Century in cabin 1210!! But, I can move down to deck 10 in a sky suite. Would it be better or about the same. Any other thing I should know about the suite? Do you remember if there is a nightstand on the left side of the bed?;)

If you are not a sun worshipper and like a little more shade then I'd probably go for deck 10 otherwise deck 12 is a nice location. One of the things I discovered since they added more balconies is that deck 12 Sky Suites have to look over the roofs of the balconies of the cabins a couple of decks below so you can't look straight down at the water, whereas you can on deck 10. Deck 10 is underneath the busier of the public decks too, but I've stayed on that deck on Century's sister ships a few times and never had a problem.

Sports Deck

2971583560054958397S600x600Q85.jpg

Penthouse Deck (I didn't take this photo)

2508066600054958397S600x600Q85.jpg

Phil

Archived