Hurricane Frances- Member Connection

CruiseFever

Miami resident here, currently iliving n Mexico City. My whole family lives on the east coast..between south miami and hollywood, fl. Hopefully everyone will be safe, just talked to my sister and she said she and her BF are moving out tomorrow morning. Publix and all supermarkets are bone dry!! University of Miami cancelled classes thrusday and friday. Pray for the east coast!!!

MiamiNicole- Thanks for posting here. My hope is that this thread will be a good place to post comments just exactly like yours and others before and after this weather event. Before, during and after Charlie there were a whole bunch of members concerned about the well-being of others in the path. I'm hopeful that this thread can provide a more central meeting place to keep up to date on members and hopefully set some minds at ease. Best wishes for you and your family.

Chris--thanks for your concern. As a Miami resident who went through Andrew in 1992, it's no fun. You think I'm nervous about which way this monster is going to turn, just because I'm up typing this at 4:30 AM? You betcha. Right now--it still could hit anywhere between here and Savannah.

Les

One Disney and one Carnival ship pulled into Port Canaveral @ 5 am this morning they said that passengers would be allowed to disembark around 7 am. The news report was that they have to load and be clear of the port by 5 pm today or would incur fines of $1000.00 per hour.

west palm beach checking in!!!! looks like we're in for it for sure! i'm praying for a wobble, but so far it doesn't look too good. we're outta here tomorrow and going down to delray beach to my mom's. she lives in a newer concrete home and we're in a 50 yr old wood frame house that stands NO chance in a hurricane.

we have 6 cats and 2 dogs that are going to be plenty po'd at us, but they'll just have to deal with the car ride...i have the kitty tranqs all ready as are their carriers. mom and i did the supply shopping yesterday, thank heavens, because there's not much left! no gas anywhere... i almost got killed over a can of tuna!!! yikes! people don't realize they need to stay calm...

yeah...calm...like me...i was up ALL nite emailing a friend in port st lucie at 3am! real calm...lol

GOD BLESS to all my fellow floridians!!! pleeeezzzeeee...be safe...be smart!

Sue,

Yes, here we go again!! I'll pray that everyone makes it through this safely. Being in Osceola County, we've decided to evacuate but won't know for awhile where we'll be heading. Currently packing our cruise clothes, as I will need them in October...talk about what's the most important thing to me, huh?

Take care fellow Floridians and let's get on line as often as possible, so we'll all know that we are safe.

I'm in Western Lake Worth, Florida (just south of West Palm). Very nervous right now. The worst part is that after you do all your shoppoing and preparing you just have to sit and wait to see what happens!! The more TV I watch the worse it gets. Keep all your fingers and toes crossed for us down here in South Florida.

Thanks soooo much, Chris, for putting these "stickies" at the top of the page. We obviously care very much what happens to our members, and this makes it easier for everyone to keep track.

I went through a couple of the threads and pulled as many names of members who live in FL as I could find in a limited amount of time. I'm going to post it here, and ask anyone who knows of someone I've left out (and I know there are many) to continue to add names. And anyone who cares to, can email me or Sue with contact information. Both of us have email addresses in our profiles. If you would like us to, we'll try to contact you after the storm to check up. If you have a cell phone number, please include that. I expect that the towers will go down, but the cell phone service always comes back more quickly than regular phone service.

Here's the preliminary list - please add names as you know them

Roohound FL

WendyG Plantation FL

Flacrusrs Lee County FL

Sued.miller Cape Coral FL

Sails Kissimmee

Curly4Dana Lake Worth (isujim for contact info) Dana

Barcoviajero Ocala

Taxatty Miami Les

MiamiNicole Miami

Monk888 Tampa

Bushwhacker May be somewhere in FL

TinaLee Orlando

Virginia600 St. Petersburg Susan

KAJOKG Palm City Katy

GloriaF JAX area

Hunterafri Cape Coral Vic

Lynwar Avon Park Lynne

SoFloDeb Margate

C&D Tampa???? Debbie

Babets SE Georgia

Cjskids Naples

Marti2282 Orviedo

LovingFL Dunedin

Bombero Englewood

Mafig Punta Gorda Mary Ann

Squeeky Sarasota

Woodofpine Englewood

Suzien48 - Greenacres

Broward county ordered mandatory evacuation for barrier islands and mobil homes, 2pm today. East of A1A is voluntary evacuation.

Port Everglades will stop accept ships this afternoon and all ships must leave Friday morning.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-92francesbroward,0,4407536.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

Latest report, storm has bumped alittle futher south so track is now going to come ashore south of Vero then head NW of Orlando then up west coast of Fl then crossing panhandle and into Alabama, so Ive given up on going to Tampa and am heading to Savanana GA....Here in Daytona we'll be on NE quadrant of storm, which is worst part of storm, sh we'll take off and ride it out north of here....see you all (hopefully) begining of next week...take care all

Thanks, Nancy! I did get your email, but I have a friend staying who just had foot surgery yesterday. She can't hop much, so I do it for her! Grabbing time online when I can.

Everyone, please add the following to the Florida list:

bobsher - Port Orange

nho9504 - Ft. Lauderdale

I am here too. Anyone who wants to leave names and phone #'s, please go to our profiles. We are compiling lists to call after the storm. Remember wherever you live, there is someone near you that can check on you. We are all praying for each other. Someone who is out of the area, please post a check in place for everyone to post on, that you have come through ok!! I know it will be allowed!!!! :) We are all cruisers, but safety is all important now. Remember we are family, and we all care about each other, and everyone is supportive here.

Archived