Aft balconies - How do ya get 'em?

Anchors Aweigh

I booked my last two corner aft cabins 16 months ahead of time and the people that are sailing with us have the aft cabin next to us 8C booked when we did. They do go fast. If there is one that you really want don't wait you may miss out on it. Linda

I booked my next cruise which is on the Navigator OTS back in March. I wanted one of the two aft Junior Suites on deck ten as everyone states that they are the best location. The two were already taken when I booked so I had to settle for one on deck seven. Last week the final payment was due and one of the two cabins opened up. I am now very happy.

Also I am booked on the Miracle for next May. Cabin #4228 is my favorite due to the wrap around balcony. I have it booked at they do go fast.

I would suggest that if the cabin you are wanting is not avialable then book something to make you happy but keep on an eye on the inventory to see if it opens up.

i booked our legend cruise for next month in march of this year....

i "snagged" the last aft 8C cabin....(i think i remember correctly)

there were still some cat 11 afts left, but not the extended ones like i got....

i'm excited!! an aft balcony without the suite price!!! :)

Marsha

I booked one 2 weeks ago on the Caribbean Princess for next Oct. same cabin I had on the Star last year that I got 3 months before sailing. Last year we had already booked in the same category but as I was checking prices to see if they dropped I noticed one opened up and had my agent grab it quick!

It doesn't matter which side you 'book'. While in port-of-call you can see both sides, and departing port gives you the same advantage. Wind and noise are at a minimum, and the view is spectacular... :D

People claim that movement may be more noticeable, but most new ships are built to almost totally minimize the 'motion'.

I own a small boat on Lake Erie and most passengers enjoy the 'aft' view vs. the port or starboard or 'forward'. It just seems nicer..!! :)

One can also book the wrap-around balconies which give a side and aft view. Usually much larger balcony. The Spirit class of ships now have Cat 11 Suites at the corners of the aft.. There must be something to it!! :cool:

I had my first aft wrap around balcony when I sailed the Pride on 05/30/04. It definitely will not be my last aft wrap around balcony. I guess I was just lucky since I just booked the cruise in January. But, it was the only one left.

I've already reserved my cruise on the Spirit for 01/11/2006! I wanted to be sure to get an aft wrap around and I wanted a full selection of cabins available.

Just last week I booked an Aft, wrap around on the Liberty for Oct. 05. When I realized what it was, I snatched it quick. I've never had one, so I'm hoping they are as great as reported here. Does anyone have a picture of the inside of the triangular shaped room? Would love to see it.

I booked my Cat. 11 Suite with wraparound balcony last July for my June 2005 cruise on Legend. Make sure you look at the all the deck plans since each deck has different layouts for aft suites with wraparound balconies. I've heared that some suites have much smaller feel to them because of their poor layouts.

I booked an Aft cabin on the Pride in April for July...3 months....on deck 5.

I got upgraded to deck 7 when I boarded!

This year in May, I was booking a cat 11 aft wraparound for next May on the Legend, and found the corner I wanted was already booked, so I took the opposite side, as I needed an adjoining aft room that held three. When I went to put my deposit down the next day, my desired cabin suddenly became available!

MrPeteLI.

If you go to Carnival website and look at all the deck plans on Carnival Legend, you can see that aft suites on Panorama (8273 and 8268) and Verandah (7298 and 7347) decks have more open layouts than Empress (6260 and 6329), Upper (5266 and 5295) and Main (4228 and 4237) decks. Empress, Upper and Main decks have more odd shaped room layouts and make the suites feel a lot smaller than.

I read some bad reviews about those suites with odd shaped layouts.

http://www.carnival.com/Ship_Detail.aspx?shipCode=LE

You can see all Carnival cruise ships' deck plans online:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Ships/FunShips.aspx

Empress, Upper and Main decks have more odd shaped room layouts and make the suites feel a lot smaller than. I read some bad reviews about those suites with odd shaped layouts.
Cabin 4228 on the main deck is not small! In fact, it is rather large. Great cabin to play hide-n-seek. ;) But, I've heard that the cabins on the empress and main decks do not have a separate bedroom. :(

Archived