Uber/Lyft in Rome

FloridaTourist

I was in Rome on 8/2015 (about a month after that article) and Uber was still up and running. In fact a quick look at the Uber site shows that Rome is still being serviced. I'm curious when it will take effect but as of now it seems that it's still available.

It's a shame it's getting removed though because when I was out there it's what I used to get around. And to be honest it played a huge role in making this one my favorite trips to Rome.

In the past I would look into attractions, places to eat and sights to see and then figure them out using transportation. It seemed most of my days were planned out months before getting to Rome. On this last trip though I showed up, same as always with pages I had printed out with things to do and eat etc. But once I realized how many apps were available out there, I threw out the pages and spent the rest of my trip using Uber and Yelp. this led to me eating and seeing the best stuff ever and getting there effortlessly. such a shame this might not be an option next time.

Lastly I would say that if Uber is still out there, the prices are very reasonable. I believe my most expensive ride was about 20 Euros or so. And that was probably going from Termini to Trastevere. Every other ride was between 6-13 euros.