Glory- 9a or 11 Suite

slackmaster

9a or cat 11Suite  

44 members have voted

1. 1. 9a or cat 11Suite

• The 9a
    • The 11 suite
    • Depends

$150pp difference between the two classes and the 9a is an aft cabin.

I don't know the difference in square footage between the two, but the 11 will have the bathroom with the tub. It's more of deceiding if the suite cabin amenities will out weigh a bigger regular balcony cabin.

Cruise will be in the Spring

Suite amenties on Carnival dont impress me and I take showers so a bath tub is wasted on me.

Carnival cabins are pretty spacious to begin with. Im not sure about all ships, but I think I read on the Ecstasy the cat 11 was 330 sf?? I can get a OV on Conquest that is 220 sf, so that doesnt sound worth it for the extra space. A 9A extended balcony has a bigger balcony, but some say in some regards they like the regular balconies better. Would you spend a lot of time on the balcony?

Someone else will probably have the exact s.f.

But for $150 pp difference I admit it would be tempting just to see how it was in the suite. Thats not much difference. Hard choice I see now. Arent some 9A views not perfect, something about where the window is? Trying to remember what someone didnt like about their 9A.

As much as both cost, $150 pp isnt much difference. Heck I spent $100 on board on tee shirts.

maybe looks at some pics and see what you think. Do you need a couch and the extra space? I think Id get some pics of both and then decide.

I have not been on the Glory, but imagine it is similar to the Conquest. I guess for that small of a price difference Id pick the suite.

We have had both.. the CAT11 and CAT9A.. we will be going on our 4th cruise in Jan 08.. it will be our 2nd 9A.. the only reason we didn't have one on our 3rd cruise was because we were on the Legend and those cabins are CAT11's and we couldn't justify the price.. even tho we love to spend the time on the balcony all the extra space inside those CAT11's was not worth the extra price .

We prefer the standard 9A's for the balcony.. as for the CAT11 we had our first cruise.. we never used the tub:rolleyes:

If you have never tried either it is worth it to give it a shot and see which you prefer tho.. good luck deciding:)

We have had both.. the CAT11 and CAT9A.. we will be going on our 4th cruise in Jan 08.. it will be our 2nd 9A.. the only reason we didn't have one on our 3rd cruise was because we were on the Legend and those cabins are CAT11's and we couldn't justify the price.. even tho we love to spend the time on the balcony all the extra space inside those CAT11's was not worth the extra price .

We prefer the standard 9A's for the balcony.. as for the CAT11 we had our first cruise.. we never used the tub:rolleyes:

If you have never tried either it is worth it to give it a shot and see which you prefer tho.. good luck deciding:)

DOH!!!! I was hoping someone would say one or the other wasn't a big deal...that would make the decsion that much easier:D

We have done balconies in the past (not on Carnival) and really spent a lot of time on them. We smoke, so we would rather go outside were the smoke disipates much faster and doesn't stink up the cabin for the next cruiser (of course we do the same at home to).

I'll wait and see how the poll numbers go and let you experienced Carnival cruisers deceide by the poll:)

We have only done Oceanview cabins in the past on Carnival and yes even the regular rooms are decent in size.

DOH!!!! I was hoping someone would say one or the other wasn't a big deal...that would make the decsion that much easier:D

We have done balconies in the past (not on Carnival) and really spent a lot of time on them. We smoke, so we would rather go outside were the smoke disipates much faster and doesn't stink up the cabin for the next cruiser (of course we do the same at home to).

I'll wait and see how the poll numbers go and let you experienced Carnival cruisers deceide by the poll:)

We have only done Oceanview cabins in the past on Carnival and yes even the regular rooms are decent in size.

LOL well I will personally say.. that if I had the choice the 9A would win every time.:D That balcony is SOOO worth it.. plus it is at the aft of the ship my favourite spot:p (added bonus being at the aft.. since I am a smoker too.. you won't have those balcony neighbours complaining about the smoke infiltrating their balconies LOL)

Go for the bigger balcony and aft..:)

Kelly

DH and I were on the Glory in April and we had the 9A suite. The balcony was awesome!!! It really does wrap-around your room!! I made the switch from a cat 8c without telling my hubby and surprised him for our anniversary! The balcany will more then likely be wet every morning as they wash off the lido decks windows at night. But it dries off fast!! It's so quiet being on the rear of the boat!! Go for the 9A!!! We're doing it again next April!!

We were in cabin 7440,9a aft balcony last month on the Glory. The view and the larger balcony were great. The cabin was not that much bigger,no sofa,no tub,just the shower. The balcony was always wet in the late eveing,after they cleaned on the decks above. We just moved the chairs and table to the side of the balcony with the over hang and it was just fine. But i think the cat 11 would also be nice. the only reason we had the aft was because we were upgraded from a balcony guarantee. As long as we have a balcony,the cabin will always suit us.

Oliveoyle

the side aft cabins are larger than the corner aft cabins but the balcony is smaller.

WAIT which one of the 9a has the bigger balcony, the side or corner? I assume the corners would because they appear to wrap around.

Yeah after the picture posted, I think the decision has been made...9A!!!!

Now...that TA better still have that left on Monday and the rest of you better not get any ideas:D

Curious as to which you would choose and why?

Personally for the 9A, I would choose 8442 or 8449. Check out our pictures from Destiny 2006. It's basically the same cabin. The corner cabins with the wrap-around balconies are set up really weird, but you do have the really big balcony.

1-029_edited-1.jpg.2fcc21cda1bddbe0755e3c93ddc8d616.jpg

1-033_edited-1.jpg.d4f6073fa45a52f7156ee4779217a648.jpg

WAIT which one of the 9a has the bigger balcony, the side or corner? I assume the corners would because they appear to wrap around.

Yeah after the picture posted, I think the decision has been made...9A!!!!

Now...that TA better still have that left on Monday and the rest of you better not get any ideas:D

Some 9A wrap's have more side than others.......this was my parents Triumph 9A.....

2802220630089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

2831682650089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

2563408980089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

my first 9A is next september:(

I have had both and would choose a 9A corner wrap over a suite. (I have also had a corner on the Spirit; they are Cat 11.) Either way, I would take the 9A corner over a suite because I love the balcony and the views! I do not mind the walk to get there that some people complain about either. The cabin is configured a little differently, and we did not have a sofa in 6452 on the Glory, but really did not miss it.

I have cabin 6260 booked for October 2008 on Miracle, and I believe:confused: it is a Cat 11 AND a wraparound!!! Is that right, anyone that knows? I should know that, but it has been a few months since i booked and i really can't remember! All i remember is that huge balcony!! Plus, I am cruising solo and am SO looking forward to having that balcony ALL to myself!!:D :cool:

I have cabin 6260 booked for October 2008 on Miracle, and I believe:confused: it is a Cat 11 AND a wraparound!!! Is that right, anyone that knows? I should know that, but it has been a few months since i booked and i really can't remember! All i remember is that huge balcony!! Plus, I am cruising solo and am SO looking forward to having that balcony ALL to myself!!:D :cool:

Yep. It's a cat 11 AND a HUGE wrap-around! Wow! What are you going to do with all that space?!

Yep. It's a cat 11 AND a HUGE wrap-around! Wow! What are you going to do with all that space?!

Absolutely NOTHING!:D :D Part of me feels guilty, hogging that huge cabin and balcony all for myself, but the OTHER part of me plans on relaxing and doing lots of reading! I babysit my 5month old grandaughter and 3 1/2 year old grandson part time, so being by myself will be GREAT!:cool: ;)

Archived