Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Singles Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Singles Cruises Which cruise line offers the most for single cruisers? Solo cruisers?

Old June 19th, 2013, 07:43 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinman66 View Post
I always cruise solo, well mostly anyway.

You would go to a bar or club alone, yes?
well why not cruise.

Go to have fun, and if you go with an open friendly attitude you will meet lots of lovely people of both sexes, but be careful if all you are doing is to hook up.

I go to make friends and meet others of like mind, and if I happen to meet someone where it starts to head somewhere then I am glad. This does not happen so much as I am slow to move, and want really to get to know someone properly. A cruise can be a false environment, and therefore not show the true person. The relationship ten quickly falls on hard times

Enjoy the cruises with the company of all you meet, and you will have a blast

Don't be scared.

See you cruising somewhere
Greg
true... it is a false environment. People who cruise tend to be outgoing but we only are presented with one side of them. I tend to believe in playing the game to the fullest & having fun with it.

Enchanted Capri 2000 Mexico
Carnival Inspiration 2001 Western Caribbean
HAL Maasdam 2002 Eastern Caribbean
HAL Statendam 2003 Alaska
HAL Oosterdam 2004 Alaska
Carnival Legend 2006 Panama Canal
Carnival Valor 2007 Western Caribbean
Carnival Destiny 2008 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Holiday 2009 Mexico
Carnival Triumph 2009 New England/Canada
Carnival Splendor 2010 Mexican Riviera
HAL Maasdam 2011 Canada/New England
Carnival Fantasy 2011 Bermuda
Island Princess 2012 Alaska
Sapphire Princess 2013 California coast
Crown Princess 2014 West Coast
Viking Prestige 2015 Danube River

Old June 19th, 2013, 08:20 PM
5,000+ Club

Default making the most

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
true... it is a false environment. People who cruise tend to be outgoing but we only are presented with one side of them. I tend to believe in playing the game to the fullest & having fun with it.
I agree with your viewpoint.

I just see so many getting into a relationship and being let down at the end when reality sets in.

Plus gets awkward on a long cruise if you meet and then break up through the cruise - your stuck there with them for x more days or weeks

As long aspeople are going in with open eyes like you, they get what they are after.

take care and keep cruising
Greg

Imma Critter #42

Flash Mob Proposal link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=981

Full routine video link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yuyvae7m3...utine.MOV?dl=0

Future Cruises:

Quantum of the seas 2nd November 2014
Rhapsody of the seas 17 April thru to 12th June 2015

Old June 19th, 2013, 10:56 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinman66 View Post
I agree with your viewpoint.

I just see so many getting into a relationship and being let down at the end when reality sets in.

Plus gets awkward on a long cruise if you meet and then break up through the cruise - your stuck there with them for x more days or weeks

As long aspeople are going in with open eyes like you, they get what they are after.

take care and keep cruising
Greg
I realized early that cruises are not for the pick-up or hook-ups but to make friends. For one week I have friends running out my ears. Then we go our separate ways knowing that such friendships were never sustainable. Then I'll book another cruise and the cycle starts again.
Have fun on your cruises too Greg

Old June 19th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

The cruise roll calls are great for cruising solo. I managed to find friends who have committed to going on my next 2 cruises (although personally I'm only counting on one actually following through) but only going that route because its cheaper. The last two cruises I had a friend onboard but had my own room. (It's so nice!) Otherwise I've made great friends through the roll call and actually it will be my 4th time sailing with some in October!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

(13) Norwegian Spirit 12/6/2014 Canary Islands & Morocco
(12) Norwegian Jewel 10/27/2013 W. Caribbean (11) Norwegian Jewel 9/7/2013 Alaska, (10) Norwegian Dawn 12/2/2012 W. Caribbean, (9) Norwegian Dawn 11/2/2011 S. Caribbean, (8) Norwegian Pearl 11/7/2010 W. Caribbean, (7) Norwegian Sky 1/25/2010 Bahamas, (6) Norwegian Dream 2/10/2007 W. Caribbean, (5) Carnival Destiny 5/20/2001 S. Caribbean, (4) Carnival Fascination 3/11/2000 E. Caribbean, (3) Carnival Sensation 5/1999 W. Caribbean, (2) Royal Olympic 4/1997 Greek Islands, (1) Premier Star Ship Oceanic 1995 Bahamas

Old June 19th, 2013, 11:43 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbiter View Post
The cruise roll calls are great for cruising solo. I managed to find friends who have committed to going on my next 2 cruises (although personally I'm only counting on one actually following through) but only going that route because its cheaper. The last two cruises I had a friend onboard but had my own room. (It's so nice!) Otherwise I've made great friends through the roll call and actually it will be my 4th time sailing with some in October!

I love those roll calls. On my last cruise we talked so much here on CC that we organized...one informal meeting, one formal meeting with crew, one group dinner, one sail-away party, one shore excursion, a nightly a get together each evening, and one reunion cruise. It usually doesn't work out to that extent.

Old June 24th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hello all...I am an avid cruiser but have always gone with family or partners. I just got back from a big family trip on the Breeze where it was the mission of every single family member and my kids to make sure I did not spend one moment alone. I have been thinking about a solo cruise for years but never looked into it. Can anyone tell me how the different cruise lines charge you? I've read that most have a singles surcharge which brings it up to the same charge as a double. Are there any FL sailings like the Epic that have cabins just for singles? I am extremely outgoing and love to be around people so this would be a great vacation option for me (as long as I didn't tell the kids, lol).

Old June 25th, 2013, 01:01 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUISERMOMX3 View Post
Hello all...I am an avid cruiser but have always gone with family or partners. I just got back from a big family trip on the Breeze where it was the mission of every single family member and my kids to make sure I did not spend one moment alone. I have been thinking about a solo cruise for years but never looked into it. Can anyone tell me how the different cruise lines charge you? I've read that most have a singles surcharge which brings it up to the same charge as a double. Are there any FL sailings like the Epic that have cabins just for singles? I am extremely outgoing and love to be around people so this would be a great vacation option for me (as long as I didn't tell the kids, lol).
If you are outgoing you will do just fine as a solo. As it is always changing, one better call a cruise-line to see their current rates for singles. As of late Carnival seems to be charging 200% and Princess 150%, but that is just my experiences as of late. It may have changed or depend on category. From what I understand Norwegian does have some studio rooms for solos, but will charge more for them. For example the Epic standard inside cabin is listed at $600 double occupancy and the studio solo rooms go for $900...or 150%

Old July 23rd, 2013, 02:53 AM
Cool Cruiser

well I've been thinking of a solo cruise as well. Last cruise went well with a group of buddies. But usually the ships with charge you double for a room like they did to me on my last cruise.

Old July 23rd, 2013, 04:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

Which is less, $200/day, $300/day or $400/day? If I told you the supplements were 200%, 175% and 135%, would that change your answer? Especially if I told you I had the most fun on the ship that charged the 200%?

Old July 23rd, 2013, 05:23 PM
Cool Cruiser

I am single and will be traveling alone, 26, and yes I'm a guy... But not on your cruise, I'm sure there will be plenty on board... I'm not looking to "hook up", just to relax, but if the right person came along it could happen.... I'd imagine it will be no different than on land, the right person, the right place, the right time....

Old July 23rd, 2013, 06:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Hosted singles cruises

You all sound like candidates for these. 2 agencies do them monthly on the main lines, not just CCL .Usually you share a cabin. They set you up with a cabinmate..They have a couple cocktail parties and you dine together.The group probably costs a few more dollars. But you will be in a guaranteed group of like minded single cruisers.I have been on many cruises, some with maybe a half dozen singles. Lets face it, we are a minority group.Both have good web sites.I did th V one. Look them up;Hosted singles cruises.

Last edited by zoncom; July 23rd, 2013 at 06:39 PM.

Old July 24th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncom View Post
You all sound like candidates for these. 2 agencies do them monthly on the main lines, not just CCL .Usually you share a cabin. They set you up with a cabinmate..They have a couple cocktail parties and you dine together.The group probably costs a few more dollars. But you will be in a guaranteed group of like minded single cruisers.I have been on many cruises, some with maybe a half dozen singles. Lets face it, we are a minority group.Both have good web sites.I did th V one. Look them up;Hosted singles cruises.
I wish the cruise lines would put more effort into organizing a meet & greet and MDR seating for Solo cruisers. Then it would not be necessary to pay a few dollars more.

Celebrity Millennium -- Jan. 2007
Costa Fortuna -- Jan. 2008
Celebrity Eclipse -- Jan. 2011
Carnival Ecstasy -- Dec. 2011
Carnival Miracle -- Dec. 2012
Sapphire Princess -- Sept. 2013
Carnival Elation -- Nov. 2013
Carnival Splendor -- Jan. 2014
Norwegian Breakaway-- Dec. 2014
Carnival Fantasy -- March 2015

Old July 24th, 2013, 06:50 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42CruiseCrazy View Post
I wish the cruise lines would put more effort into organizing a meet & greet and MDR seating for Solo cruisers. Then it would not be necessary to pay a few dollars more.
The ships do a single/solo meetings but I'm the only one to show up. Then again ~maybe~ when women walk by and see me they just keep walking. Don't worry ! I will not hit on them
Sitting single/solos together at dinner is a great idea. It has worked out that way on Carnival. Then again, there just are not generally enough single/solo passengers to make it work.

Old July 24th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

It never occurred to me that the solo meetings were for those sailing by themselves. I always though it was for dating :-p

(13) Norwegian Spirit 12/6/2014 Canary Islands & Morocco
(12) Norwegian Jewel 10/27/2013 W. Caribbean (11) Norwegian Jewel 9/7/2013 Alaska, (10) Norwegian Dawn 12/2/2012 W. Caribbean, (9) Norwegian Dawn 11/2/2011 S. Caribbean, (8) Norwegian Pearl 11/7/2010 W. Caribbean, (7) Norwegian Sky 1/25/2010 Bahamas, (6) Norwegian Dream 2/10/2007 W. Caribbean, (5) Carnival Destiny 5/20/2001 S. Caribbean, (4) Carnival Fascination 3/11/2000 E. Caribbean, (3) Carnival Sensation 5/1999 W. Caribbean, (2) Royal Olympic 4/1997 Greek Islands, (1) Premier Star Ship Oceanic 1995 Bahamas

Old July 24th, 2013, 08:44 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbiter View Post
It never occurred to me that the solo meetings were for those sailing by themselves. I always though it was for dating :-p

No, I don't think it is for dating. I always see such meetings as a way to meet new friends.

Old August 22nd, 2013, 12:26 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42CruiseCrazy View Post
Probably because a lot of people cruising solo now are not looking for that. Just look at the amount of studio cabins on NCL Epic/Breakaway and the amount of people that go to the solo get togethers.
I am one of those that are not interested in these organized get togethers. The one time I did go it started with a name remembering game where we had to mime our job.
Oasis of the Seas - Transatlantic 10/14 | Norwegian Spirit - Canary Islands 12/14 | Norwegian Star - North Cape 06/15 | Norwegian Escape - Hamburg to Southampton 10/15 | Norwegian Sun - 31 days South America 11/15

Old September 2nd, 2013, 08:37 PM
Cool Cruiser

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUISERMOMX3 View Post

Some of RCCL's are only 110% (my next cruise is about 120%). I usually book my own room and family and/or friends book their own rooms. If you are willing to book closer to the sailing time, this is the link to the weekly sales that they have (got it from a RCCL thread). I was told that the cruise info is updated on Thursdays and the sale is Monday and Tuesdays. I've noticed some pretty awesome deals and am looking to book another one (or two) soon.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/R...ales_event.pdf

Ryan
RCCL – Enchantment of the Seas – JANUARY 7, 2012
RCCL – Grandeur of the Seas – SEPTEMBER 1, 2006
RCCL – Freedom of the Seas – JUNE 11, 2006
CARNIVAL – Victory – JANUARY 15, 2006
RCCL – Adventure of the Seas – OCTOBER 10, 2004
RCCL – Navigator of the Seas - MAY 3, 2003
RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas – MAY 5, 2002
CARNIVAL - Victory - JANUARY 28, 2001

Old September 26th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Cool Cruiser

CARNIVAL seems to be offering single rate same aa double on select cruises from Florida
Just booked 4 day out of Tampa 11/21 oceanview 269 total

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Forums mobile app

Old October 4th, 2013, 01:57 AM
Cool Cruiser

Single $299 oceanview on Fascination December 5TH
10/27/2007 Triumph

10/31/2009 Fascination

Old October 4th, 2013, 11:09 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonebravofl View Post
CARNIVAL seems to be offering single rate same aa double on select cruises from Florida
Just booked 4 day out of Tampa 11/21 oceanview 269 total

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Forums mobile app
COOL ! it is about time