Arriving HNL- Wiki Wiki Bus?

NW Pacific

We flew to Honolulu approx. 5 yrs. ago, embarassed to say we had a heck of a time from departing flight (Hawaiian Air) following signs to baggage pick up. We were lost, guess we did not follow the crowd.

this time we will be arriving on Alaska Air- has airport been changed, or do we still need to find the "bus" to take us to baggage claim? thanks

Have been thru HNL a dozen or more times. Have never taken the Wiki Wiki. It is frequently very crowded. Have walked each time...might take a couple of minutes longer, but not a significant issue. After the flight, usually feels good to stretch out the legs.

So, no, you don't need the Wiki Wiki. Never had a problem with the signage.

I agree with the above posts. We have been to HNL a zillion times (well, maybe a slight exaggeration) and NEVER taken the wiki wiki bus. After a long flight I can't wait to get off the plane and walk to baggage claim. The walk is covered and, for a bit of it, outside. I can't wait to smell and breath in the island air. I don't think things have changed too much in the last five years so hopefully you will find your way a bit easier this time. Cherie

• 2 weeks later...

I would look for the Wiki Wiki, it is just outside the doors, a few steps from your gate. While the walk to luggage claim is nice, but do realize that it is a very long walk. There are a lot of buses, so you can always take the next, less crowded one.