Post cruise travel from Barcelona

roar780

Hi just wondering what we should be doing for our post cruise week we are arriving in Barcelona October 2 from celebrity Equinox 2 week cruise that departed in Istanbul, we have some time to check some other euro sites before heading home to Canada on our flight which departs from Paris morning of oct 11... Not sure if I should split time between Barcelona and Paris or add another city like London or Madrid or other city to the mix? We haven't booked any of our inter Europe travel or hotels in Barcelona but I think I should soon before options are limited?? Some stuff about us we are thirty and newly married fairly active it's our first time to Europe and probly last for a while as we plan on having kids now that we are married... Also I really would like to see a Barcelona football game but not sure when they'll play because schedule isn't released until July 24 I'm thinking hotels and such be getting filled and we will be getting left overs and bad flights ? Any help will be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends upon what you want to see and how you like to travel. Not knowing this, if you have not been to Paris, I would suggest spending as much time there as possible. Barcelona is a beautiful and interesting city, so two days there would be full and fun seeing the Bari Gottic, Boqueria, Las Ramblas, and the major Gaudi sites, eating tapas and drinking Spanish wine. (Sorry I don't know about football there). And one day will be probably taken up with travel and getting to the hotel in Paris. So, that would give you the rest of the time in one of the greatest cities (or some might say THE greatest) in the world. Adding in another works class city such as London would be too much IMO, taking too much time in traveling between the cities). But that's just me.

Whatever you decide to do in that part of the world will be wonderful.

Edited by Chloe1500
Another thought:)

Couple of thoughts ..

Train between Barcelona and Paris is possible and a different way of seeing the countryside.

The Barcelona football stadium does tours if there isn't a match on.

Gillian.

Very cheap flights from barcelona to paris through Air France. I would not spend time on train plus if you have alot of luggage it is more problematic.

I would spend 2-3 days in Barcelona and the rest in Paris, agreed it is the greatest city in the world. Prefer the St. germain area which is mire typically French but central to almost everywhere.

Any Barcelona hotel recommendations ?

i am now staying at the Alma hotel in Barcelona. It is wonderful and a short walk to main Gaudi attractions. You will not be dissapointed

Since its only a week you have I would split the time between Barcelona and Paris. The fast train between the cities might be an interesting option. Yes, it takes more time than flying (6.5 hrs vs close to 2 hrs) but airports always require more time for check in, etc, so in the end the time difference might amount only to a couple of hours more.

Read here about the train trip:

http://www.seat61.com/Paris-to-Barcelona-by-TGV-train.htm#.VWnbds9VhBc

Since your flight departs from Paris, spending some time there makes sense. Barcelona is worth at least two days. There is a high speed train from Barcelona to Paris. Also, there is one to Madrid, but that is out of the way if you are ending up in Paris.

Train connections in the South of France can be frustrating and renting a car crossing borders is very pricey, so I would advise splitting your time between Barcelona and Paris.

Thanks for tips we ended up booking 5 nights at h10 montecito in Barcelona gonna spend rest of time in Paris which I need hotel recommendations on we were looking to have some attractions walking distance ... Wife also wants to do viator day trip to London .. Gonna be busy time :)

Thanks for tips we ended up booking 5 nights at h10 montecito in Barcelona gonna spend rest of time in Paris which I need hotel recommendations on we were looking to have some attractions walking distance ... Wife also wants to do viator day trip to London .. Gonna be busy time :)

Check out airbnb. You rent a flat and some of them are absolutely adorable and they are reasonably priced, sometimes less than hotels.

...taking too much time in traveling between the cities)... Whatever you decide to do in that part of the world will be wonderful.

It's a point to be underlined and highlighted and tabbed and bookmarked: IMO it's far better to revel in a couple of locations, without enduring for days afterwards a slightly disorienting "edge" from making the string of tight connections required by a day here and a day in yonder country. Because someday, some other year, you'll be back to explore those places that did not quite make the first cut. Having re-read that admonition, let me add that one of the really magical facets of such a time as you're planning, is getting to discover what your particular style of travel is.

Yeah I think the cruise will allow for enough bouncing between locations I was hoping to have a relaxing day or two with no defined day in Barcelona ... Less time in transit as possible ... My typical travel is sitting on beach somewhere or up in alpine village both summers and in winter relaxing ... I'm sad o don't have time to make it to alps this trip :/ but it's also between biking and ski season some hopefully I'll make it back sometime soon to experience that there