Park and cruise

TabEcho2010

Have any of you guys used the park and cruise package from hotels that offer it? I only ask because I'm from Tucson and we are driving the I-8 for the scenic route. We were thinking about getting there a day early and booking a hotel room and just relaxing, preferably a hotel that offers a free shuttle. The only problem is, there is five of us and that means that we have to book two rooms which we are not wanting to do. Have any of you guys had any experience with the park and cruise packages?

Which port are you going to?

I'm assuming Long Beach since you're driving on the 8.

The Maya has a cruise n snooze package. For comparison parking at port is $17/day.

More info on the West Coast departure board.

Edited by SadieN

Parking is now $19 a day in Long Beach

D*rn. All the more reason to take public transportation to port. One of the few places it goes where I want to go.

Must have just changed because it's not anywhere on the Internet. I do know that some events have higher parking rates (the Winter festival comes to mind).

Edited by SadieN

Look at trinityreservations.com. Great company, easy to do business with :). They offer some great deals, most with free shuttle to the port (you would just have to call and see how much for the extras), though sometimes the rate has been low enough to be able to book multiple rooms anyway;)

• 2 weeks later...

We also have used the Double Tree's stay, park and cruise package in San Pedro and were very pleased with the hotel and the package. As a matter of fact after you backed out the value of the parking, the breakfast and the bottle of wine, the room was free.

From Tucson on I-8 will take you to San Diego. Will you be taking the scenic drive up to LA or will your cruise depart from San Diego. Even I would like to hear of Park and Drive packages out of the San Diego area since most information comes out of San Pedro and Long Beach. Tim

From Tucson on I-8 will take you to San Diego. Will you be taking the scenic drive up to LA or will your cruise depart from San Diego. Even I would like to hear of Park and Drive packages out of the San Diego area since most information comes out of San Pedro and Long Beach. Tim

We have stayed at the Best Western - Bayside Inn in San Diego. It offers a stay, park and cruise package and is about 4 blocks from the cruise terminal. At the time we thought the lobby was a bit dated but the rooms were all remodeled, large, comfortable and quiet. They offer a free shuttle to and from the cruise terminal. Its about 3 blocks to San Diego's waterfront attractions and there is a great Italian restaurant, Petrini's across the street for dinner.

http://www.baysideinn.com/

http://www.petrinissandiego.com/

I just booked the snooze and cruise package at the Hotel Current......seemed like a really good deal to me....has anyone ever stayed there? Is it a nice hotel in a decent part of Long Beach (we have stayed in some areas of town where I was afraid to leave my room) Any review would be good to hear!

If you call the Maya, you can get the park and cruise rate for $140. I love that hotel.

We have stayed at the Maya several times and absolutely LOVE it but I couldnt find the rate this time....a friend called direct and was told they no longer do a "Carnival" rate! Hotel Current also said they would keep the car the duration of our cruise which, 13 days parking is almost $250:eek:.......and the hotel was $149...$166 with taxes....so it's a really good deal!

We have stayed at the Maya several times and absolutely LOVE it but I couldnt find the rate this time....a friend called direct and was told they no longer do a "Carnival" rate! Hotel Current also said they would keep the car the duration of our cruise which, 13 days parking is almost $250:eek:.......and the hotel was $149...$166 with taxes....so it's a really good deal!

Thats weird. I called on June 28th and was able to get a rate for my cruise next February. $159 for a balcony with a water view. I have an email into the GM as my friend was just told the same thing. I'll post back when I hear something. They're usually pretty good about the quick replies.

Edited by vwrestler171

• 1 month later...
Thats weird. I called on June 28th and was able to get a rate for my cruise next February. $159 for a balcony with a water view. I have an email into the GM as my friend was just told the same thing. I'll post back when I hear something. They're usually pretty good about the quick replies.

What # did you call? I called and got the Hilton reservation desk and she knew nothing about a cruise and park, quoted $333 per night.

is it normal for a hotel to give two quotes by two different people?

Sometimes if you call the hotel directly you can get a better rate then calling the corp reservation desk. I tried calling the local # for the Maya, but got transferred to the Corp reservation desk.