Making it to Hobby after debarkation

cruisin321

Hey everyone, look at a cruise out of either galveston or NOLA. Trying to figure out which flights work better. The only non stop flights home available after the ship docks are at 11:15 AM and 6:25 PM. If possible i would love to make the 11:15. Sailing in august, how likely is it for us to make this flight? What has your recent experience been like? Does RCCL liberty of the seas offer the program where they check you in and take your baggage the night before?

Thanks so much!

Hey everyone, look at a cruise out of either galveston or NOLA. Trying to figure out which flights work better. The only non stop flights home available after the ship docks are at 11:15 AM and 6:25 PM. If possible i would love to make the 11:15. Sailing in august, how likely is it for us to make this flight? What has your recent experience been like? Does RCCL liberty of the seas offer the program where they check you in and take your baggage the night before?

Thanks so much!

Royal Caribbean does not offer Luggage Valet out of Galveston.

What day of the week? I am told Hobby is about an hour from Galveston port in lighter traffic. I imagine it could take far longer if you catch a day with heavy or snarled traffic.

No matter what day, I really think the 11:15 is pushing it, though one would make it doing self disembarkation if everything goes perfectly. If you try it, you should have a back up plan in case you miss that flight.

Thanks so much!

I agree with the previous post. It's possible to make it, but there is little leeway for delay. In addition to carrying off your own bags, I would engae a private car service rather than a shared shuttle.

What day of the week? I am told Hobby is about an hour from Galveston port in lighter traffic. I imagine it could take far longer if you catch a day with heavy or snarled traffic.

No matter what day, I really think the 11:15 is pushing it, though one would make it doing self disembarkation if everything goes perfectly. If you try it, you should have a back up plan in case you miss that flight.

I 45 has lots of construction going on now. Even with self debark you would be pushing it.

• 1 month later...
Do you have any idea how long construction will be lasting? Crusing February 2016. Trying to catch a 10:50 flight

What is now I 45 was originally the Gulf Freeway. It opened in 1954 and has been under construction at some point between downtown Houston and Galveston constantly since then! :eek::D:p

What is now I 45 was originally the Gulf Freeway. It opened in 1954 and has been under construction at some point between downtown Houston and Galveston constantly since then! :eek::D:p

HaHa - That is so true! Construction never ends on 45 - third generation working on it - guaranteed lifetime employment:D

Glad you brought up that point.

I was reading many posts about traveling to Houston from Galveston (or visa versa). Several people have mention 'Galveston Express' as a reliable, much cheaper alternative to a private car service or taxi.

I went to their web site and they have a shuttle that leaves Galveston cruise terminal at 9:00AM and arrives at Hobby at 10:00AM.

I understand there can always be problems, but with all things being equal, Is this shuttle service pretty much on time? From anyone who might have used them) and if I arrive at Hobby at 10:00 and have an 11:30 flight is this enough time for whatever we have to do at the airport. The day is a Friday morning, march 18.

The rates on this Galveston Express are way below what most limo companies are charging, but one thing I always go by I always go by, cheaper is not always better, but they seem to have gotten excellent reviews. My biggest concern is do they keep their schedule pretty much on time?

Cheers

Len

As it is a rather new company, posters here may not have enough interactions with the company to know how often they might leave late and/or arrive at airport late. I plan to use them next month. If my van is ready early and if my load of passengers all arrive early and if traffic is light so we arrive ahead of schedule, will my one experience in any way assure you that yours will be similar? If I happen to experience tardy driver or passengers, I'll be able to tell you how the company handle it that day.

I know the shared ride is cheaper, but if you are trying to catch an early flight, you'd likely be better off with a private care service. If you wish to cut the per person price of such a car service, go to your cruises roll call and seek out another party doing self disembarkation to catch an early Hobby flight.