Embassy Suites Newark -vs- Country Inn & Suites

bpphoto

Hi All,

Looking at my hotel rsvp and I have already pre booked the Embassy Suites. I was going with a 2 room suite-2 double beds-sof-abed for my one night stay- $262.15 tax incl. (Family of 4, 6/29/16 to 6/30/16 Anthem cruise)

Well it turns out that I just got an e-mail from Trip Advisor for a special for Country Inn & Suites. It's a prepaid, non refundable deal - $143.65 (2-Queen beds) Should I dump the Embassy Suites and make a switch or just stick with what I have????:confused:

Here's the link: http://www.getaroom.com/hotels/country-inn-suites-newark-nj?check_in=06%2F29%2F2016&check_out=06%2F30%2F2016&currency=USD&rinfo=%5B%5B18%2C18%5D%5D&utm_campaign=Affiliate&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=TripUSMeta

I have never stayed at a Country Inn & Suites before but I have stayed at many Embassy Suites prior.... Please help!!!:confused:

Thank you!

bpphoto

What else is included with the two hotels? Parking? Round trip port transportation? Or are both just the room?

I was just booking room only and planning on booking private port transfer w/ Dial7.com. I was planning on being at the port early and didn't want to hassle a group shuttle...?

Any thoughts???

I was just booking room only and planning on booking private port transfer w/ Dial7.com. I was planning on being at the port early and didn't want to hassle a group shuttle...?

Any thoughts???

A lot of folks do that for exactly that reason. It is cost effective with 4 people.

Embassy Suites is the newest hotel at the airport. Folks have liked staying there, but there have been some dissatisfaction expressed in some Trip Advisor reviews. The hotels are across the street from one another. I have stayed at Country Inns and was very happy. $100+ is a lot of extra money to spend for just one night precruise.

What time would your flight get in?

A lot of folks do that for exactly that reason. It is cost effective with 4 people.

Embassy Suites is the newest hotel at the airport. Folks have liked staying there, but there have been some dissatisfaction expressed in some Trip Advisor reviews. The hotels are across the street from one another. I have stayed at Country Inns and was very happy. $100+ is a lot of extra money to spend for just one night precruise.

What time would your flight get in?

Arrival time: 2:17pm

Also, We don't have a post cruise flight out until 2:50pm. What do you suggest to do to kill some time until we need to head to the airport? I was thinking of returning back to the hotel to store baggage and heading back to the mall for lunch. Do you have any other suggestions?

Edited by bpphoto

Also, We don't have a post cruise flight out until 2:50pm. What do you suggest to do to kill some time until we need to head to the airport? I was thinking of returning back to the hotel to store baggage and heading back to the mall for lunch. Do you have any other suggestions?

That is a great idea!

last time i was up that way, looked lime the Country inn was being renovated...they also have sloooowwwww elevators.

i toured the ES and found tge staff helpful...the hotel had a nice look, not typically an Embassy Suites appearance ...much nicer..

I take all reviews, especially on Trip Advisor with a grain of salt...if it were me, I would do the ES....I will have to stay there one of these days....I do have a friend who stayed and thought it was very nice....

Editing on the ipad is annoying...

to add. while it is a great rate, i do not like prepaid hotel stays....generally you a less desireable room, and if there are issues, the hotel is limited to what they can do to make it right...

it is a price dufference, but.. better the devil you know....imthink you will like the ES

By the time we disembarked from the Explorer two years ago, it was after 10:30. RCCL and or customs was slow that day. We exited the port in a van provided by Country Inn, shortly after. However, traffic conditions were horrific, due to a truck crash on the Jersey Pike, and we didn't get back to the airport on time for our 1:15 Amtrak train, out of the Newark Airport station.

Just saying, that road conditions can change all plans. So try to disembark earlier to have time for something, or head straight to the airport.

We have stayed at Country Inns twice now, very pleased. And I agree about the private car service - much more efficient and expedient than any shared shuttle. I have reported here before that our driver was at the front desk for us 10 minutes early. The lobby was JAMMED with guests waiting for their shuttle. We enjoyed the convenience of the private car. :)

They were renovating last November - thinking it should be all done by now.

• 2 weeks later...