Barcelona airport to ship to Las Ramblas

SandyR5

Hi - Starting a cruise in Barcelona. The ship doesn't sail 'till the next afternoon. We will take a taxi from the airport to the ship. We plan on checking in, putting our carry-ons in our stateroom and then getting off the ship for an afternoon/evening in Barcelona. We want to first stroll Las Ramblas. How far is this from the port? I assume a taxi is the best way to get there. I've read on another thread that the fee FROM the ship back to the airport is 39Euros. What about airport to ship? Lots of questions, but I know there's someone out there with the answers. :D;)

Same T4 taxi fare of 39 euro set price to the port that even includes the baggage supplements.

The city is 3 kilometers or almost 2 miles from the base of La Rambla.

The T3 blue bus is the best way to the city from the ship to the city. A single fare one way is 2 euro and a round trip ticket is now 3.50 euro.

Alternatively a taxi would be around 15 euro each way do to the port fee of 4.20 on top of the fare.

Hi - Starting a cruise in Barcelona. The ship doesn't sail 'till the next afternoon. We will take a taxi from the airport to the ship. We plan on checking in, putting our carry-ons in our stateroom and then getting off the ship for an afternoon/evening in Barcelona. We want to first stroll Las Ramblas. How far is this from the port? I assume a taxi is the best way to get there. I've read on another thread that the fee FROM the ship back to the airport is 39Euros. What about airport to ship? Lots of questions, but I know there's someone out there with the answers. :D;)

Assuming that you dock at the main terminal, not closer in by the World Trade Centre as some smaller ships do, the T3 bus is ideal for you. It goes from outside the terminal door and drops you off by the Columbus statue which is right at the bottom of Las Ramblas. My husband has mobility problems but found using the bus ideal. Certainly no need for taxis.

As Madflyer has said, taxis have to pay a premium to use the port which makes the fare expensive for such a short journey.

Enjoy wonderful Barcelona.