re Budget car rental near FLL pier---

Jetswdo

After our cruise we will be renting from Budget near the Fort Lauderdale pier-

So my questiion is for people who have recently done this----

Did you have a long wait for the shuttle to show up? If so, how long. Did you decide to grab a taxi to take you to the Budget office?

I read all the general comments already regarding the car rentals by the pier- we got a cheap rate from Costco for Budget-- (we will be calling the local office

for updated info regarding shuttle) Anita

One factor that obviously affects this is how many ships in port that day. You may also need to call the office to let them know there are people at whatever terminal you are at waiting for a ride.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't care what they call it. The point is i have an invoice that says "total amount" and when i get there they tack on additional fees. They should tell people up front that they are going to do this, but they don't because then people will not use them. It would have been cheaper to take a cab to the place. Just letting people know what happened to me.

I don't care what they call it. The point is i have an invoice that says "total amount" and when i get there they tack on additional fees. They should tell people up front that they are going to do this, but they don't because then people will not use them. It would have been cheaper to take a cab to the place. Just letting people know what happened to me.

Well, I appreciate your sharing that with us but the rental company didn't add that fee, the port did. FWIW, you would have paid that fee if you took a cab too. The port fee applies to all commercial vehicles entering the port.

If the rental company knows about it they should let the consumer know at booking time like they do with other fees.

The OP was very specific about "Budget" near the Ft. Lauderdale Pier. If she means budget shuttle for the 17th st location, I have used this location at least 9-times and never paid a fee. A tip for the driver, but never a fee. Looking forward to using their services again real soon.

Edited by Sam.Seattle