anyone take a taxi to west palm beach airport after cruise

tommy47

just booked our flight home out of west palm beach airport after our cruise in February. I made a few calls and was told its aprox. 120.00 by taxi. has anyone else ever done this and what was your experience. im figuring we don't have to get off the cruise until 9 oclock. our flight leaves at 1 oclock. its suppose to be a 50 minute ride.

We've flown home from PBI after a cruise due to much cheaper airfare and much favourable scheduling. We used a limo service and it was $140 (they said town car service was $100 at the time). You might try some of the ground transportation companies to see about a car that might a bit more comfy than a cab.

You might try some of the ground transportation companies to see about a car that might a bit more comfy than a cab.

Holland Limo, Larry's Limos and Go Airport are three providers I would check for private transfers from PE to PBI.

Or, they could give us the info so we can help them...

Or, if you don't know the info, because you'd rather not do an easy search that would have taken less time than the post you put up, you can just move on.

We rented a mini van.. about $70 total.. they will pick you up at the pier, and that $70 includes the pick up fee AND the $20 one way car drop off fee. Plus we have an extra hour or two to go and drive around- see millionaires row at FFL or whatever. We used Enterprise- they'll pick you up as they say...

dan- I did do some research and that's how I found out it was 120.00. also I looked into the train and buses but nothing there looked good. I have been real busy the last few days and this is why I haven't responded. thank you for everyones response. I will check into some of your suggestions. also yes its out of fort Lauderdale after our cruise. the uber thing sounds good at 50.00 but ive never did that so really don't know how it works. the problem I have is that if I have someone pick us up im not sure what time I would be off the ship and through customs if there was some kind of a problem. with a cab you just get in and go when your there.

With the car service we used, southfloridatransportation.com, we called them in the morning after we docked and gave them a rough guess of when we were planning to get off the ship. Then they gave us the cell phone number of the driver, and once we were clear of customs, we called, told the driver what we looked like, and where we were standing and he said what kind of car he had. Then he drove down to the terminal from the waiting area up on Eller Dr. Was pretty painless.