Horseshoe vs. Elbow

MA cruisers

We're a group of ten adults looking for some quality beach time with loungers and a bar/restuarant that we would be able to get beverages and some lunch. We are cruising in late October and will be in Kings Wharf from 8 AM to 4 PM. Any suggestions/comments are much appreciated.

Thank you.

I would choose Horseshoe. It is easy to get there by either the public bus or a devoted shuttle that just goes to Horseshoe Bay Beach. They have chair and umbrella rentals and a small restaurant that you can get food and beverages. The Beach is huge and, if it is crowded, you just walk a bit farther down to your left and there are several smaller quiet coves that you will have mostly to yourself. DD and I were there several years ago the first week of November and had a great time. The water was warm and the beach was not too crowded. Just keep you eye on your time for return to the ship. The buses fill up and you might have to wait for a little longer to get onto one. If the ship leaves at 4 PM, I would be starting to head back by 1 or 1:30 PM. All aboard will be at 3:30 PM if you ship sails at 4 PM. If the buses are full, there are taxis there that will take you back to the ship.

We're a group of ten adults looking for some quality beach time with loungers and a bar/restuarant that we would be able to get beverages and some lunch. We are cruising in late October and will be in Kings Wharf from 8 AM to 4 PM. Any suggestions/comments are much appreciated.

My suggestion would be Elbow Beach Resort which currently has on its website information on a day pass to the resort (I hope the website is up-to-date).

From the webpage: ....a Day pass includes use of the beach at Elbow Beach Resort, a lounge chair & umbrella, and a water bottle. Resort for a Day guests have access to Mickey's Bistro, which is Bermuda's only bistro on the beach and offers lunch and drinks in a casual ambiance with full beach service.

You can get to EB by bus or taxi.

SBtS

• 3 weeks later...

We went to Elbow Beach last August. It was beautiful. We have been to Bermuda many times. We always went to Horseshoe Bay. Elbow Beach was less crowded. An umbrella and 2 chairs $75. Going back to Bermuda again in June. Will go to Elbow Beach.

can you go to Elbow Beach and use the beach / rent a chair there instead of the resort day pass? We are a family of six so that would end up being $$$ plus whatever drinks / food we decide on

Last season that was not an option. In seasons past there were vendors renting chairs and umbrellas on the public section of Elbow Beach.