Cozumel

judygolfing

We are on a family vacation of 11 of us. What to do... We have kids ranging in age from 6-15.

I would welcome all suggestions on the stop. Looked at Mr. Sanchos, Paradise Beach, Nachi, etc, just don't know what the kids would enjoy the most.

Thanks.

Paradise Beach is a large beach club with good facilities, food, drinks, service and a HUGE pool. $3 admission/chair rental and extra fees for the water toys -- it should appeal to all of your crowd.

Sanchos offers a similar set up but is split between an all-inclusive side and a pay-as-you-go side; they keep them apart to prevent AI customers from sharing free drinks with others, so your group will need to decide one or the other. A more lively atmosphere - my 20 something daughters love it.

Playa Mia is another option with a better set up for the younger crowd including a kiddie water park plus water toys similar to PB & Sanchos. Lots of different packages - check their web site.

Edited by JohninDC

Thanks. All sound like good ideas. I'm worried because there are quite a few ships in port the day we are there!

Coz routinely handles several cruise ships per day - 10-15,000+ passengers is not unusual. I would not worry too much about the crowds.

Paradise Beach club is huge - even with several ships in port you will be able to find chairs together, shade, etc.

Chankanaab was pretty cool. It had a lot of different things to do there that are free but does have a $20 entrance fee. You can find coupons online for $2 off sometimes.

My nephew and I did the dolphin experience where you get the tail drag and foot push which was amazing but was about $97 per person. The rest of my family was able to watch.

They also had free stuff though: sea lion show, snorkeling (decent), pool, and gift shop. plus a snack bar. we got nachos and drinks and it wasn't too pricey.

best part of that place was obviously the dolphins though but it's kind of expensive. definitely something i'd never forget though!

my other suggestion would be San Francisco beach. Short cab ride away but very easy access. they had a $10 minimum "fee" to get in but we ordered some food and easily hit $10. all of their stuff other than the ocean and beach was pay as you go. they had snorkeling trip ($35 - not great snorkeling but you can see the edge of the island which was awesome) massages, hair braiding, big water floats, jet skis, and probably some other stuff i'm forgetting.

We have been to a lot of the beaches in Cozumel. Check out the links in my signature line and see if anything interest you. (Sorry Paradise beach is one I have yet to visit). I have TONS of pictures in each review to help you see what the places are like. :)