Naples port to National Museum

alidor

Yes, it can be walked -- it's about a 30- to 45-minute walk from the cruise port (depending exactly where you dock and how fast you walk, of course). However, it is uphill most of the way. Many of us recommend taking a taxi there and then walking back (downhill).

Another option, now available, is to take the Metro. There is a stop that recently opened near the cruise port (name is Municipio), and it will take you to the Museo stop quite easily as well.

Another option, now available, is to take the Metro. There is a stop that recently opened near the cruise port (name is Municipio), and it will take you to the Museo stop quite easily as well.

Great to know! Although I was in Naples last October/November, I didn't realize that Municipio had opened (we didn't arrive via cruise ship). Very convenient if we arrive via ship in the future - thanks!

Hi I'm from Naples and I can tell you that if you choice the right way you can get archeological museum in less than 25 minutes all depends where your cruise will dock anyway the best way to go to archeological museum is via duomo going straight by the end of it on the left side the big red building is the museum. NB via duomo is just outside the port "Varco Carmine" have good stay in Italy
While technically true this isn't correct for cruise ship passengers, who arrive at Molo Angioino (in front of Piazza Municipio). These directions would only make sense for someone arriving on ferry at Porta di Massa and even then it would make more sense to the the metro, only in this case from Università.