Beachcomber Resort to Port Of Miami

Kerflop

We are getting close to our cruise date out of PoM. We booked a beachfront hotel called the Beachcomber in PomPano, near Ft. Lauderdale. Looking for transportation from the hotel (near the hotel) to the port. I reached out to SAS to see if they service any hotels near there, since Beachcomber isn't on their list. Also, was thinking about Uber... Never used Uber before so was a little worried. There are six of us, me, my wife, two parents, 5 year old and 1 year old.

If you have any suggestions please share, it is greatly appreciated.

In Pompano Beach you are quite a distance from POM. Uber might be your least expensive option, but you would need to distinguish that you need a large vehicle to accommodate all of your party and the luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is about 40 miles or so from Pompano Beach to POM!

How are you getting from FLL to your hotel?

I would call the hotel to see if they can suggest a local transportation provider they trust.

With that many you'll need Uber XL. I would also reach out for private transport service from Go Airport, Holland Limo and Larry's Limos.

You might explore renting a van at FLL, using it while at your hotel, and then dropping it in Miami the morning of your cruise. National/Alamo/Thrifty offer free shuttles from their MIA airport location to POM; Avis, Hertz and others are located in downtown Miami close to POM - a $12+ cab ride if they do not shuttle.

Beachcomber does not charge you to use their parking lot so I would probably look into a rental too.

Taxi was about $50-60 dollars for my SIL from FLL airport to Beachcomber. We rented a car which was very convenient. The area around Pompano Beach is nice.

Part of our group used a shuttle that the hotel arranged. It was about $90 for the six of them not including a tip. Like John said, Uber XL may be another option.

We may stay there again in November as the hotel prices are sky high due to the boat shop. Seems like there is always a boat show.:)

Sheal

Edited: Sorry, I thought you were flying into FLL then cruising out of MIA. If you are, great. If not, then ignore.

Edited by Sheal

We are getting close to our cruise date out of PoM. We booked a beachfront hotel called the Beachcomber in PomPano, near Ft. Lauderdale. Looking for transportation from the hotel (near the hotel) to the port. I reached out to SAS to see if they service any hotels near there, since Beachcomber isn't on their list. Also, was thinking about Uber... Never used Uber before so was a little worried. There are six of us, me, my wife, two parents, 5 year old and 1 year old.

If you have any suggestions please share, it is greatly appreciated.

Out of curiousity, why are you staying at the Beachcomber?

You couldn't have booked a location that was further out of the way. It isn't convenient for Fort Lauderdale or Miami.

I would cancel the hotel and book something in Hollywood or Miami.

I must throw in some support for the Beachcomber! It is phenomenal. With a rental car, it is very "do-able". The staff are great, restaurant food is delicious, rooms are clean and comfortable, and there is no charge for parking, as someone else mentioned. We are staying there for the third time next January and look forward to it immensely. :)

Not knowing the area, it was a mistake. We have now moved further down the beach to Ft. Lauderdale.

That's a shame. It's a great property. But I understand.