anyone use EVA Air?

CJcruzer

flew EVA about one dozen times over past 10 years - West Coast to Taipei. Excellent Airline, never had a delay, good services, I also read somewhere it ranks highly on safety records with newer airplanes. The only complaints are that their website was a little wonky, and their US freq. flier partner is United.:rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

I've never flown EVA before but just booked with them for January. What I did find interesting is that prices on EVA's own website are far cheaper than those found on online travel agents, in fact in many cases they weren't even listed.

Flew last year booking with United using award points (60K points roundtrip) We flew United Economy plus IAD to SFO overnight then 11:00 Am flight to Taipei on United (upgrade Economy + reason for United metal and not EVA) Then Taipei to Bali Indonesia on EVA. Flight just fine. Kind people. Language did not seem to be problem nor was food. Booking through United we got the award tickets very easily but did use United agent -- she can see much more and we went around the world on a minimal point ticket covered by a couple of credit card bonus.

If you are flying through Taipei, do stop. We took a 3 day layover and hired the most wonderful guide Christine Wu and her husband Jan. Such a wonderful place to visit -- even for just a bit.

We had a good trip on EVA and they often have award tickets available.

Edited by Bowie MeMe

thanks! good to know you had a good flight with EVA air.

We have been to Taipei (2 days on cruise ship overnight stop) and enjoyed it very much. Would be willing to spend a layover there and experience some more!

Carol

thanks! good to know you had a good flight with EVA air.

We have been to Taipei (2 days on cruise ship overnight stop) and enjoyed it very much. Would be willing to spend a layover there and experience some more!

Carol

We stayed at the Novetel just off the airport. It is a nice but not fancy hotel with rather Spartan décor in rooms (fancy public area) and hard beds (at least on my back) and good bathroom once you learned how to lower the shades.

The hotel had transportation to terminal fairly often. The airport is kinda far out but we wanted to be there for early flight next morning. Worked well. Our best decision was to hire Christine Wu and her husband Jan (a large Dutchman easy to see in a crowd of Chinese!) as our guides/friends. They brought a car and driver and they gave us a wonderful day in Taipei. I highly recommend her for a wonderful tour. We flew the next day to Bali airport on EVA had a 2 hour layover then flew on separate ticket on Garuda Air to Yogyakarta Java -- it was such a wonderful side trip of 3 days. Had a guide/driver there who took us to the two UNESCO temples Borobudur and Prambanar plus wonderful silver shops and puppet shop and other very exotic sights and sounds. Stayed in town at a former British Inn now a modern (signature M) hotel (Novotel brand) with great historical exhibits and good enough food. DO NOT try to drive or walk in the area -- cars often use the sidewalk as a couple of lanes for cars and motorbikes!! Flew back after 3 days for a stay in Ubud . Leave some free time to enjoy the resort. We had such long tours we just drug ourselves off to bed and never enjoyed the facilities of the resort. Let me know if you want any more details. It was a spectacular trip!