Houston Airport IAH Questions, Going from Terminal C to E

trbarton

I'm flying into IAH Houston arriving in Terminal C, United & departing from Terminal E, United. How do I get from Terminal C to Terminal E without having to go through security again?

Thanks!

Tom:)

You just walk. The "terminals" are more like hallways of the same building. In fact, you can pass from one designation to another without even being aware of it.

I flew into IAH for a connection flight--I think we came in at B, I know I ate at C and flew out of E and never went thru security. It is a long walk though.

It is a nice airport--good quality wifi, many decent eating places.

Edited by moki'smommy

Thanks to everyone. Here's what I found.

Skyway Automated People-Mover

The above-ground Skyway provides transportation between terminals while inside security.

•Departs every two minutes from the Skyway stations in Terminals A, B, C and D/E

•Free, operates every day

•Signs to Skyway stations are marked “Skyway”

​The total Skyway travel time from the Terminal A station to the Terminal D/E station is 4 minutes, 15 seconds.

Has anyone used the People-Mover and where did you find the Skyway station inside the terminal?

Thanks again!!!

Tom:)

You do not need the skyway to go from C to E.

As moki'smommy said, they are like hallways of the same building.

If there are no obvious signs pointing the way, just ask any one that works there which direction to walk.

You will not be exiting the security area.

Terminal B is actually a separate building but serviced by the skyway. That terminal is used for United flights on regional jets. There are moving sidewalks in terminal E once you get there. Terminal C is in an older part of the terminal and does not have the wide walkways or moving sidewalk. Also be aware that gate changes happen all the time so by the time you land there may have been a gate change either with the arrival gate or departure gate. Best laid plans often go astray.

Terminal B is actually a separate building but serviced by the skyway. That terminal is used for United flights on regional jets. There are moving sidewalks in terminal E once you get there. Terminal C is in an older part of the terminal and does not have the wide walkways or moving sidewalk. Also be aware that gate changes happen all the time so by the time you land there may have been a gate change either with the arrival gate or departure gate. Best laid plans often go astray.

Terminal B sucks to put it nicely. (even after the makeover). They would sometimes be boarding 3-4 flights out of the same gate area and it would end up being a giant cluster flop.

C and E are basically all one in the same. This is where the mainline stuff goes in and out. B is all the rj stuff. (and United LOVES their regional jets:rolleyes:)