Park Guell Barcelona

Getting ready to pre-puchase our tickets for Sagrada Familia. Wondering if it is worth going to Park Guell? Will be 14 seniors. Have you guys visited it and felt it was worth the time spent?

Park Guell is worth seeing, however I do have to say that several senior members of our group had a bit of trouble with the amount of walking and the stairs. If your group is in good health then you should be fine.

Also the two sites are some distance from each other.

Bel

We went to Parc Guell on our last cruise from Barcelona. We are planning to be in Barcelona again this summer and Parc Guell is on our list to revisit. Here is a link to some pictures.

https://markandkareneurope2012.shutterfly.com/pictures/306

Just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate and enjoy the photos that you allow us to see. We will be in Barcelona this fall and Parc Guell is on our list of places to visit. Thank you for sharing your excellent photos. :cool:

Absolutely worth a visit. I have to say that if you do not have a guide, you will miss "seeing" what you are looking at. For instance, at the upper level of the park you see the level ground with magnificent mosaic benches overlooking the houses. You might wonder why in all this time it isnt paved. Then you go to the lower level and see that the level area is if fact a "roof" supported by 89 or so columns that look tree like. You might not realize that in fact these columns are hollow and are duscts for rainwater to fill cisterns below ground that are what feed the magnificent fountains. You discover that Gaudi did nothing by accident.

Absolutely worth a visit. I have to say that if you do not have a guide, you will miss "seeing" what you are looking at. For instance, at the upper level of the park you see the level ground with magnificent mosaic benches overlooking the houses. You might wonder why in all this time it isnt paved. Then you go to the lower level and see that the level area is if fact a "roof" supported by 89 or so columns that look tree like. You might not realize that in fact these columns are hollow and are duscts for rainwater to fill cisterns below ground that are what feed the magnificent fountains. You discover that Gaudi did nothing by accident.

Nothing that anyone could learn ahead of time by doing a little research on the places you will visit ;)

what is the best way to get there from cruise port or Columbus Monument? Thank you.

Are you there for just a day visit? Hours? I'm cheap so I take the city bus. :) (near Catalonia Square, walk doesn't bother me a bit)

If short on time, a cab is going to be better.

Are you there for just a day visit? Hours? I'm cheap so I take the city bus. :) (near Catalonia Square, walk doesn't bother me a bit)

If short on time, a cab is going to be better.

Thanks. We will be there overnight from 9:00 am day 1 to 5:00 pm day 2. Have been to Barcelona many times, so are planning to go to Parc Guell on day 1.

Would like to take the bus but not sure of the walk up to the park after getting off from bus. Read that it is a tough climb. Can you please let us know about the walk up. Thank you.

We land in Barcelona at 7:05 am. Plan to drop luggage at hotel and take metro to park. I'm thinking cab to top of the hill. There are escalators up the hill though. The park's web site shows them. Still a hike. Now just have to pick a time.

vkb - drop off and pickup for the public bus is right in front of the main park gates. However, actual park entrance has been relocated a very short distance to the right.

Escalators? We have followed a variety of paths and staircases, but never saw any escalators.

vkb - drop off and pickup for the public bus is right in front of the main park gates. However, actual park entrance has been relocated a very short distance to the right.

Escalators? We have followed a variety of paths and staircases, but never saw any escalators.

Thank you. We will go by bus.