Juneau float plane to Taku Lodge

kevingastreich

Has anyone done this lately? How was it? Thank you.

I took this excursion in 2015 and really loved it.

https://www.rogerjett-photography.com/place/alaska-2/juneau-2/taku-lodge/

The king salmon was caught just a few miles away and the iced tea was made with glacier ice selected a few hundred yards from the lodge.

The flight over the glaciers was spectacular and every seat was with headphones at a window.

Edited by Crew News

I live in Juneau and my husband & I went on this excursion in May when it was offered at a special price for locals. It is well worth whatever you pay for it. We absolutely loved the views, the lodge, and the food. We're looking forward to making it a yearly trip.

I took this excursion in 2015 and really loved it.

https://www.rogerjett-photography.com/place/alaska-2/juneau-2/taku-lodge/

The king salmon was caught just a few miles away and the iced tea was made with glacier ice selected a few hundred yards from the lodge.

The flight over the glaciers was spectacular and every seat was with headphones at a window.

Awesome! Thanks! We are really looking forward to it. Hope the weather is nice as it will be in mid-September.

I live in Juneau and my husband & I went on this excursion in May when it was offered at a special price for locals. It is well worth whatever you pay for it. We absolutely loved the views, the lodge, and the food. We're looking forward to making it a yearly trip.

It is offered through Holland America at $309 pp. Seems like a bargain. I figured it would already be booked up but we got it for four. :)

I am Alaskan.....I have a couple of hundred pounds of salmon in my freezer...I complained I didn't want to spend the bucks for a salmon dinner and a float plane trip.....I fly frequently on them...and eat salmon all the time.....I was so wrong....one of the best trips I ever did....worth every red cent....

Just off the northbound route. Absolutely loved this excursion, my wife's favorite. Saw two bears, one feeding on the juices in the fire pit and another laying behind the main lodge getting some rest. Food was delicious and plentiful with draft beer and wine available if wanted.

Just off the northbound route. Absolutely loved this excursion, my wife's favorite. Saw two bears, one feeding on the juices in the fire pit and another laying behind the main lodge getting some rest. Food was delicious and plentiful with draft beer and wine available if wanted.

We loved it also, saw "the secret ingredient...bear slobber" in process too.

Going again next month. :)

BTW: Love your avatar picture. ;)

Mine is KatieKat, who is celebrating her 13th birthday today. That is a picture

of her in our "land yacht" (AKA motor home).

Edited by island lady

It is offered through Holland America at $309 pp. Seems like a bargain. I figured it would already be booked up but we got it for four. :)

Tried to book with Celebrity for Aug 1 but its booked out. Is there a back door?

Tried to book with Celebrity for Aug 1 but its booked out. Is there a back door?

We are booked for our cruise leaving on the 12th.

Sorry about being booked out already. I wish I had an answer for you, but they

do indeed sell out quickly. Very popular tour, limited number of seats in the small

planes and in the lodge for the salmon lunch.

We are booked for our cruise leaving on the 12th.

Sorry about being booked out already. I wish I had an answer for you, but they

do indeed sell out quickly. Very popular tour, limited number of seats in the small

planes and in the lodge for the salmon lunch.

Had tried, without success, to book several times about a month ago. Today i thought I'd have another shot and SUCCESS!!

Also booked the White Pass train journey.

Had tried, without success, to book several times about a month ago. Today i thought I'd have another shot and SUCCESS!!

Also booked the White Pass train journey.

Great! Persistence pays off!

Enjoy your tours! :)

Did this trip last September 2015.

Wife & I enjoyed a great outing. This trip & our flight out of Talkeetna to view Mt. Denali, Denali Park, & land on the glacier were our two favorite adventures.

As others have confirmed, you will have a great time.

1533_edited-1_zpsa5vtyymv.jpg[/img]

1358_edited-1_zpszwayrrwq.jpg[/img]

1469_edited-1_zps0kb6hexg.jpg[/img]

1524_edited-1_zpsayffjpvr.jpg[/img]

Just a few of the pictures taken around the lodge. Best Salmon meal of the entire trip.

Happy Travels, John