Straw Market?

dogboy

Yes, there are mostly cheap trinkets and junky souvenirs and t-shirts and its hot and crowded, but it's FUN. And it's Nassau. I make a quick run through a portion of the Straw Market each time I'm in Nassau and love it. My DH stands outside and waits for me. In April, I found a very good quality straw banded Panama hat that I got a good deal on. Other times, I've gotten dresses or cover ups. One time I scored a leather messenger bag hand made by someone local in the Bahamas. You just have to know what you're looking at and be able to say NO THANKS a lot. Sometimes you'll find something and sometimes you won't. It's Nassau to me. I've been going to the Straw Market now sine the mid-80's in 3 different locations. I happen to enjoy the hunt. Do it at least once.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It all depends upon your definition of "good". Everyone barks at you, "Come check out my shop." We've only seen it from walking by and it looks as if once you've seen one, you've seen them all. We avoid it.

We get our t-shirts and souvenirs 2 blocks away on Bay St.

If it is raining cats and dogs, and all the other places to go to get out of the rain are either closed or full and you can't get in, then and only then would the Straw market be a place to go.

We love flea market type of venues, craft fairs etc, but this place is obnoxious. The vendors hound you to no end, if you want to bargain, they look at you like your crazy. They all must get together and sign a pact that no one will sell anything cheaper than the next booth.

Add to that, that EVERYTHING they sell is made in China and of the lowest of the low in quality, I would advise you to just stay away.

Cheers

Len