How Far to Chilkoot shuttle

hollon

When you get off in port in Skagway, how far is line to get to Chilkoot shuttle. If I'm not mistaking, don't you get on a shuttle and they drive you to the train? Thanks

When you walk off the gangway there will be signs pointing to "end of pier".

Follow those signs to the end, do not wait near the ship. It is at least a 5 minute walk (& more), I did it last week. Then you will see reps from various tour companies, the Chilkoot rep is among them and easy to find...my tour also was with Chilkoot. After checking in at that location, you will be directed to walk a little further(maybe 2 minutes) to your shuttle driver and then board the shuttle for the short ride to the train.

On the Chilkoot train excursion, we were placed in the last car. The best viewing seats are on the trains left side. My advice, get on the shuttle early and take the front seats. When we finally reached the train, another Chilkoot tour had already boarded the last train car and they took all the left side seats except for two rows. I happened to be the first on the shuttle and thus the first off and first to board the train and I dashed to the open left side seats.:D

We were at the Ore/Broadway docks in 12 and they were waiting just outside the area where the cruise line excursions are. From there we went to the RR dock to pick up other pax from those ships and the Haines fast ferry then off to the train. This was for the Bennett tour.

thank you! my sister is handicapped (sorta) so she will have a walker, so that means we will be walking really slow, so I wanted to book w/ Chilkoot but do you think I should book w/ princess so we're not late or does princess take the same route?

thank you! my sister is handicapped (sorta) so she will have a walker, so that means we will be walking really slow, so I wanted to book w/ Chilkoot but do you think I should book w/ princess so we're not late or does princess take the same route?

I was on the Ruby Princess last week and we were at the railroad dock. The train does pick up passengers at the railroad dock and I assume those are passengers booked on ship excursions. I previously detailed what Chilkoot patrons had to do.

What dock are you at??

Least walk is Ore dock, farthest is aft RR, but they do have golf carts to both RR docks= so essentially "closest", since they bring you right outside the gate.

Not the OP, but interested since we are doing this excursion.

Where does the NCL Pearl dock?

Maggie

For the past several years she has docked at the Broadway dock - her bridge cam looks right up between State and Broadway :D The Jewell backs into the slip next door on the Ore Dock. The other two ships in port are on the RR dock next to the cliff on the other side of the harbor.