Tipping for kids club

DALSAL

The staff in the kid's clubs are not "service personnel"...no tips are needed. They are trained in child care, and paid accordingly, unlike waiters, bartenders and housekeeping. That said, if you want to tip, they won't refuse it...but it's not suggested to tip them.

Thanks, I had read that before, but wasn't sure if ppl stuck to that. It seems years ago, I remembered ppl tipping. Thanjs, I will save my money! She may not even go! We will see!!

Thanks, I had read that before, but wasn't sure if ppl stuck to that. It seems years ago, I remembered ppl tipping. Thanks, I will save my money! She may not even go! We will see!!

A few years ago there was a "mom" who came on here to complain that her poor daughter was not getting tipped even though she had to look after others' little darlings. She complained that they made very little money and we tipped everyone else, why weren't we tipping the poor people that had to look after kids.

For the most part she got slammed by most everyone. It was stated over and over had they were paid a wage and were not part of the tipping staff but if you really felt the need they you could tip. I wouldn't even know who to tip there are so many up there.

We always tip of our kids spend a lot of the there, I thinks it's common, like camp counsellors. The last time, 3 of our kids spent very little time there, but one of our teens was very impressed with the head counselor, so we gave him $50.

The staff in these are wonderful and providing a great personal service in taking care of our most beloved grandchild...are we going to thank them with a gratuity...of course we do and will continue to do so.

• 2 weeks later...
So do y'all tip at the end of the cruise or the beginning?

I would never tip at the beginning. First, what happens if your kid decides not to go after the first hour? What if your kid hates it there? What if you decide you don't really like how things in general are or if there was a specific incident that you thought was handled very poorly? Would you ask for your money back?

Then again, I don't tip my cabin steward in advance either. I prefer someone to actually perform their duties before I tip them for an exemplary performance.

I would never tip at the beginning. First, what happens if your kid decides not to go after the first hour? What if your kid hates it there? What if you decide you don't really like how things in general are or if there was a specific incident that you thought was handled very poorly? Would you ask for your money back?

Then again, I don't tip my cabin steward in advance either. I prefer someone to actually perform their duties before I tip them for an exemplary performance.

Makes sense. Thanks.

I asked cuz I read another thread where people were saying they tip their room steward on the first day so I wasn't sure if that applies to all kinds of tipping.

I'm inclined to agree with you tho, I'd rather tip everyone at the end