HAL and Fairbanks Departures

alwaysfrantic

If my trip starts on the 2nd, as in check into the hotel on the second, will transfers work in the wee hours of the morning on the second? HAL had said when booking there were no timing restrictions on Fairbanks because of the limited flights. I have the hotel booked for the 1st also, so it isn't like I have no place to go. But if the extra hotel night isn't booked through them , since it is technically the 2nd since after midnight, will they still provide the transfer to the hotel?

If my trip starts on the 2nd, as in check into the hotel on the second, will transfers work in the wee hours of the morning on the second? HAL had said when booking there were no timing restrictions on Fairbanks because of the limited flights. I have the hotel booked for the 1st also, so it isn't like I have no place to go. But if the extra hotel night isn't booked through them , since it is technically the 2nd since after midnight, will they still provide the transfer to the hotel?

I do not follow your post but it seems as if you are worried whether you are worried if the transfers from the airport to the hotel will be covered by HAL. I don't have an answer to the question but even if you have to pay for them or take a cab to the hotel, what can they cost - $20. Considering what your cruise is going to cost, the $20 or so will be roundoff error.

I just can't figure out why people get so bent out of shape because of small unexpected expenses.

DON

I do not follow your post but it seems as if you are worried whether you are worried if the transfers from the airport to the hotel will be covered by HAL. I don't have an answer to the question but even if you have to pay for them or take a cab to the hotel, what can they cost - $20. Considering what your cruise is going to cost, the $20 or so will be roundoff error.

I just can't figure out why people get so bent out of shape because of small unexpected expenses.

DON

You did not follow my question but thank you so much, Don, for your assumptions of both my question and my personal finances.

My question, trying to explain better for other readers, is will HAL do transfers as early as 12:10 am on departure day. Most folks will probably be arriving in the wee hours of Day 2 of the trip.

Also, does HAL take the "Send to the Ship" bag directly from the airport, or from the hotel on the Denali departure day, day 2?

Meh. I wouldn't be too hard on folks who are concerned to make sure everything goes okay and avoid unexpected complications. I can imagine people being anxious when they've put up a small fortune for their trip-of-a-lifetime, especially if they're expecting to be exhausted late at night after a long flight. not get stranded or something after a long flight.

I know the Westmark Fairbanks has a specific schedule for when the HAL/Princess transport went to/from the airport. I'd talk to them to check on timings and how luggage transfer works inbound. Whether at that hotel or not, there's a high probability that many others on the plane are also starting their cruise tours.

Alternately, as mentioned, cab fare shouldn't be expensive. It was $18 from the Westmark to the airport. I'd recommend you have a handful of cab company phone numbers with you though just in case.

You did not follow my question but thank you so much, Don, for your assumptions of both my question and my personal finances.

My question, trying to explain better for other readers, is will HAL do transfers as early as 12:10 am on departure day. Most folks will probably be arriving in the wee hours of Day 2 of the trip.

Also, does HAL take the "Send to the Ship" bag directly from the airport, or from the hotel on the Denali departure day, day 2?

Either you or your TA needs to contact HAL directly. I suspect that the answer to your questions is no, but they are the ones to tell you. As far as the luggage question, you need to ask of the HAL board or again ask them directly.

Are transfers included with the extra night lodging? IF you did not book the hotel through the cruise line, I'll speculate you are on your own, since even though you are arriving after midnight- that is still associated with the prior evening hotel booking. You won't be getting into the room that starts probably at 3pm on the 2nd, nor would you be getting any services.

If you paid for a HAL transfer from the Airport to your hotel you will provide HAL your flight information as part of your online check in so they will know your flight number and know when you will be arriving. There will probably be a HAL rep at the airport to direct you.

You will collect your luggage at the airport and take it to your hotel. At the hotel you will receive instructions for your luggage tags, when to put your luggage out for pick-up and what time to meet in the lobby for your bus to begin the land portion of your trip.

With all due respect to the OP it also took me reading the post several times to understand the question.

While I hope the OP has found their answer I just wanted to add that in the Fairbanks airport, across from the baggage carousels, the cruise lines have kiosk/desks during the summer. If they do not have a staff person actually meeting the flight they have (at least in the past) laminated information sheets taped on top of the kiosks with detailed instructions as to what hotel a certain cruise tour is using and how to get there (i.e. cruise tour XX is booked hotel YY and what you do if you arrive on your own to get there).

Also, if the OP does find they need to take a taxi just walk outside the departures exit and look to the left. There will be a line of taxis, and the taxi dispatchers will ensure that no one will have to wait long. But if the OP wants to have a phone number for re-assurance, we use Arctic Taxi when we want a taxi to the airport (907-455-0000).